10-31-14, 04:38 PM   #1
jaerb
A Defias Bandit
tooltip size

I want to have my tooltip anchored to the top right portion of the screen. It use to be ok in the past but recently it has this weird problem. I attached a picture "wrong.png" to show that it extends the size of the tooltip down to the bottom of the window. "right.png" is how a tooltip behaves when the anchor is in the bottom right of the screen. Further, the tooltip misbehaves when the anchor is placed anywhere but the bottom rightish area.

I've been trying to use my WoW LUA knowledge to figure this out and I disabled all addons except Freebtip and it still happens. Has anyone seen this or can fathom how to fix?

I found this topic http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...hlight=tooltip which describes an old yet similar error that I also dealt with. That error was fixed but somehow this one seems very similar.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	right.png
Views:	161
Size:	902.0 KB
ID:	8280  Click image for larger version

Name:	wrong.png
Views:	184
Size:	659.9 KB
ID:	8281  
10-31-14, 05:42 PM   #2
Gethe
RealUI Developer

Premium Member
Featured
There was also a similar issue posted here which was recently resolved. See if that helps.

10-31-14, 06:38 PM   #3
jaerb
A Defias Bandit
I deleted the saved variables and recopied freebtip. Still happens, and I tried as the thread stated with freebtip and nibrealui as the only enabled addons. I get no LUA errors. I'm fairly convinced it is some kind of anchoring issue but of course it also seems like it is only happening to me for some reason. I fooled with the tooltip anchoring code earlier and could not change the behavior. I will just have to live with the tooltip in the bottomright I suppose!
10-31-14, 11:56 PM   #4
Gethe
RealUI Developer

Premium Member
Featured
Are you wanting to anchor the tooltip to the cursor?

11-01-14, 04:14 AM   #5
jaerb
A Defias Bandit
Nope. You can see in the wrong picture where it says Freebtip that's where I'm placing the anchor. It acts even more crazy when I move it to different locations, I can't even explain it.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » RealUI » tooltip size