01-22-08, 12:04 AM   #1
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
New Site Layout feedback

Bugs, comments, problems, compliments ... post 'em here. All feedback greatly appreciated.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
01-22-08, 12:25 AM   #2
Kaydeethree
A Fallenroot Satyr
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Something that struck me as odd... Round border for the bottom of the search box but not the categories below it?

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/2...enshot3gd5.png

I still keep thinking that there's images missing there. I recognize the fading of the sidebar but it still seems kinda iffy.
01-22-08, 12:37 AM   #3
Shadowed
Premium Member
Featured
New layout is a huge improvement over the last one, but theres a few small things with it that are a bit odd.

Top stats no longer show the numbers, not really anything major was just interesting to see them, maybe something on the right side of the box. Mod description box is too small under FireFox 2.0.0.11, but fine under IE7 http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/130/examplecs8.jpg , for archive files under the mod edit page it's always bugged me how it has basically the same header twice instead of listing the column titles in the "main" one and just scrolling all of the actual archived files. Also, I deleted all of pre-SSPVP2's archived files but they seem to have appeared again ( http://www.wowinterface.com/download....html#archives ) not sure if thats related to the upgrade or not.

It would be really really really nice to have comments back in the main page, even if it's under a group that can be collapsed, it's a bit annoying having to switch tabs to see comments.
01-22-08, 12:46 AM   #4
THUNDER_CHILD
Dork
Premium Member
nice layout. I will post more as i come across them (if i come across them).

I think the symbols for the boxes on the right are reversed. Personally i think it should be - when it is open to show that it can be closed and + to open it.
01-22-08, 12:49 AM   #5
Shadowed
Premium Member
Featured
Actually, it would be nice if change log was listed on the main addon page as well given you're likely going to check it every time you visit the page beyond the initial download.
01-22-08, 12:51 AM   #6
THUNDER_CHILD
Dork
Premium Member
Within an addons page for the tabs at the top, it would be nice for "Archived Files" & "Comments" to have a (#) at the end...more so for comments to see if there is a reason to look there.
01-22-08, 01:04 AM   #7
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

First and foremost, grats on the new layout, a seemingly flawless server move, and the tightened file security!! Not to mention that I love it when a popular site takes the time to give everything a fresh new look every year.... kudos

On the Community page, the right side column does not float all the way up to the top. Or is the new posts box supposed to float all the way across but isn't? Hard to tell lol.

I wanted to check in IE to see if it looked the same there, and much to my surprise when i typed in the address it took me right to the Find page instead of the Community page. Does that have something to do with the order that the tabs appear? Kind of threw me off not seeing the Community page there to greet me when I went to the site (I've never been to WI in IE... I only use FF).

Will you ever be adding a collapse feature to the other news posts on the Community page? Right now it collapses all of them in one shot... I would love to be able to collapse all news posts accept the most recent two.

Once again... Kudos!
01-22-08, 01:08 AM   #8
Tekkub
A Molten Giant

FTF HAPPENED TO MY WOWI???!?!?!?!

*grin*

Looks good. Biggest thing is the visible search bar, been needing that for a LOOOOONG time.
01-22-08, 01:56 AM   #9
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by Silenia View Post
On the Community page, the right side column does not float all the way up to the top. Or is the new posts box supposed to float all the way across but isn't? Hard to tell lol.
Your blocking the 300x250 ad that is there. It uses an iframe so that users that do choose to see ads it doesnt delay the loading of the site for the java.

I wanted to check in IE to see if it looked the same there, and much to my surprise when i typed in the address it took me right to the Find page instead of the Community page. Does that have something to do with the order that the tabs appear? Kind of threw me off not seeing the Community page there to greet me when I went to the site (I've never been to WI in IE... I only use FF).
If your not logged in default is find tab.
01-22-08, 01:58 AM   #10
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by THUNDER_CHILD View Post
Within an addons page for the tabs at the top, it would be nice for "Archived Files" & "Comments" to have a (#) at the end...more so for comments to see if there is a reason to look there.
Sorry I dont follow...
01-22-08, 01:59 AM   #11
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by Shadowd View Post
Actually, it would be nice if change log was listed on the main addon page as well given you're likely going to check it every time you visit the page beyond the initial download.
It lists everything on the same page if noscript is enabled. I'll look into making an alternative layout selection though. Will be ahwile though.
01-22-08, 01:59 AM   #12
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
Your blocking the 300x250 ad that is there. It uses an iframe so that users that do choose to see ads it doesnt delay the loading of the site for the java.
Not sure I understand... if I am a premium member, should the adds not be blocked? Now I'm very confused! lol
01-22-08, 02:03 AM   #13
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by Silenia View Post
Not sure I understand... if I am a premium member, should the adds not be blocked? Now I'm very confused! lol
ok should be fixed for you, you were marked as a premium member and a registered user at the same time. Did some one manually set that for you?
01-22-08, 02:07 AM   #14
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

ok should be fixed for you, you were marked as a premium member and a registered user at the same time.
W00t, thank you for fixing that!!

Did some one manually set that for you?
Hehehe... you did /grin (it didn't send me the email thingy when I registered).

I'm not surprised you don't remember... you've been rather busy with this move, and I'm sure you can't keep track of everyone you have to fix things for.
01-22-08, 02:09 AM   #15
Shadowed
Premium Member
Featured
Sorry I dont follow...
As in, if a mod has 53 comment it'll show "Comments (53)", or if it has 3 archived files it'll show "Archived Files (3)" so you can identify when a new comment or file was added and check it.
01-22-08, 02:17 AM   #16
THUNDER_CHILD
Dork
Premium Member
Sorry I dont follow...
When you go to an addon page there are 3 tabs on the left that say Addon Info., Archived Files and Comments. It would be nice to have The number of comments and the number of Archived Files displayed on the tab.

(hopefully this makes it more clear)
01-22-08, 02:27 AM   #17
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by THUNDER_CHILD View Post
When you go to an addon page there are 3 tabs on the left that say Addon Info., Archived Files and Comments. It would be nice to have The number of comments and the number of Archived Files displayed on the tab.

(hopefully this makes it more clear)
Ahh I understand now. Good idea and simple as thats already counted.
01-22-08, 02:36 AM   #18
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

One thing is for sure. the site loads much faster then before. New layout is nice and smooth. For a moment i thought i had the wrong website =P

Nice work.

One thing ive noticed is that the ads are missing (not exactly a complaint just an observation lol) from any but the main page. Not sure if they were there before to be honest since i was just used to them, though the new layout seems to 'highlight' (for lack of a better word) the empty space on the right side of the screen.

I might be insane and just not have noticed it always being like this. Figured i should mention it since its a feedback section and all.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
01-22-08, 02:49 AM   #19
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by MidgetMage55 View Post
One thing is for sure. the site loads much faster then before. New layout is nice and smooth. For a moment i thought i had the wrong website =P

Nice work.

One thing ive noticed is that the ads are missing (not exactly a complaint just an observation lol) from any but the main page. Not sure if they were there before to be honest since i was just used to them, though the new layout seems to 'highlight' (for lack of a better word) the empty space on the right side of the screen.

I might be insane and just not have noticed it always being like this. Figured i should mention it since its a feedback section and all.
Right now we arent showing ads on the find page. Although every other page should have ads on them.
01-22-08, 02:50 AM   #20
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Counts have been added to the tabs. great idea btw!

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Site help, bugs, suggestions/questions » New Site Layout feedback