Quantcast
New Start - WoWInterface
Thread Tools Display Modes
12-04-11, 09:04 PM   #1
Ither
A Firelord
 
Ither's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 497
New Start

I decided a new start was needed to fall in love with WOW all over again.

This time it was a new server, faction, and role.

For the past seven years I've always played a protection Paladin and never a warrior. This time I chose to be a holy Paladin and a protection Warrior.

Let me just say I am LOVING the healing Paladin--I can't get enough of it. I've always played Priests for my healing class.
__________________
  Reply With Quote
12-04-11, 09:16 PM   #2
Landrell
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
 
Landrell's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 171
I'm right with you there.

For the longest of time I was a Nelf Huntard on my old Server, for about 5-6 years. I grew tired of the same old faces and the same old mess. I ended up just not having fun anymore. I wanted to try something new and different, a class that I had a very hard time getting into, but always thought that they were cool. So, leaving my old one behind and my toon, I went to a new server (rp server) and made myself a Dwarf Shaman.

I've never had more fun ... ever! The community is awesome too which helps with natural anti-so******tic tendencies!
__________________

Fear my Aim, for it be True, Swfit, and Deadly!
  Reply With Quote
12-04-11, 09:55 PM   #3
Flarin
A Frostmaul Preserver
 
Flarin's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 290
Originally Posted by TheGeek View Post
I decided a new start was needed to fall in love with WOW all over again.

This time it was a new server, faction, and role.

For the past seven years I've always played a protection Paladin and never a warrior. This time I chose to be a holy Paladin and a protection Warrior.

Let me just say I am LOVING the healing Paladin--I can't get enough of it. I've always played Priests for my healing class.
How are you finding the Holy Pally for leveling? I always leveled them as Prot and slowly multi-mob grinded out quests. Are you leveling via questing, instances, both?

Just curious - I have never leveled as a "healing" class - I usually level as DPS or Prot and then switch at the end.
__________________

"I will crush and destroy and...ooo...shiny..."

  Reply With Quote
12-04-11, 10:00 PM   #4
Ither
A Firelord
 
Ither's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 497
Originally Posted by Flarin View Post
How are you finding the Holy Pally for leveling? I always leveled them as Prot and slowly multi-mob grinded out quests. Are you leveling via questing, instances, both?

Just curious - I have never leveled as a "healing" class - I usually level as DPS or Prot and then switch at the end.
Strictly dungeons at the moment. Up to level 30 now without any questing.

I'll have to find my way around it, but I'll manage to level up holy the whole way if I have to quest.

A lot of people will probably hang me, but the one biggest mistake Blizzard made was dual spec. I absolutely despise the concept and feel it destroyed the realness of the game. I truly miss the days where you only had one spec and you learned to be DAMN good at that spec. That's what I felt like when I played until then LOL.
__________________
  Reply With Quote
12-04-11, 10:14 PM   #5
Flarin
A Frostmaul Preserver
 
Flarin's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 290
Originally Posted by TheGeek View Post
Strictly dungeons at the moment. Up to level 30 now without any questing.

I'll have to find my way around it, but I'll manage to level up holy the whole way if I have to quest.

A lot of people will probably hang me, but the one biggest mistake Blizzard made was dual spec. I absolutely despise the concept and feel it destroyed the realness of the game. I truly miss the days where you only had one spec and you learned to be DAMN good at that spec. That's what I felt like when I played until then LOL.
I actually like the way (sorry is this is a derail) Skyrim does it. It is more realistic - if you wield a 2H weapon, well, that skill gets increased. If you melee and get beat on whilst wearing heavy armor, well, that skill gets increased. If you suddenly switch to spells - guess what - you start building those skills but your melee skills sit idle. I of course am not sure this would work in a MMO, but I sure am enjoying it in Skyrim - it feels SO REAL. And a little plug - I haven't kills a single "boar" yet

I am actually VERY hopeful for MoP - but I am not excited about WoW at the moment and am waiting. In Warhammer there were these "Public Quests" which it appears WoW is now adapting in MoP - these were events that as you breezed into a new area an indicator would pop up that you needed to achieve (if you chose) a certain objective to get the public quest to the next "stage". Some of these were PvP related as well - so you were not only trying to do the objective, but always watching your butt for opposing faction folks. I hope in MoP its like that it was refreshing and you could receive soem nice gear and money.

I have never leveled that way - via instances only - that would be fun I think as long as you could keep progressing and not his a hole. As DPS it would be hard to queue I think because of the long queue times - I would be on Facebook or something whilst I wait lol.
__________________

"I will crush and destroy and...ooo...shiny..."

  Reply With Quote
12-04-11, 10:28 PM   #6
Rilgamon
Premium Member
 
Rilgamon's Avatar
Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 768
Originally Posted by TheGeek View Post
I truly miss the days where you only had one spec and you learned to be DAMN good at that spec. That's what I felt like when I played until then LOL.
This But you'll reconsider when it comes to level 84 and questing ... a holy paladin is not fun to go through fireland dailies or tol barad quests With my prot pala I stopped the thrall questchain because my dmg was so damn low

But even when you stick to just one spec you learn nothing these days. Mobs die too easy and to fast.
__________________
The cataclysm broke the world ... and the pandas could not fix it!
  Reply With Quote
12-04-11, 10:49 PM   #7
Ither
A Firelord
 
Ither's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 497
Originally Posted by Rilgamon View Post
This But you'll reconsider when it comes to level 84 and questing ... a holy paladin is not fun to go through fireland dailies or tol barad quests With my prot pala I stopped the thrall questchain because my dmg was so damn low

But even when you stick to just one spec you learn nothing these days. Mobs die too easy and to fast.
Oh I know LOL.

I ran shadow on my Priest until 85, switched to Holy. I just refuse to do it. Consider it a challenge for me, would keep me interested.

I do think about my dailies and especially things like AT and so forth.
__________________
  Reply With Quote
12-05-11, 12:11 AM   #8
Lily.Petal
A Molten Giant
 
Lily.Petal's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 540
Pretty much just waiting for the monk class myself. I love my rogue... but 4 years of playing them has got me tired. I want to be a draenei monk and kick people in the face with my hooves. HOOVE KICK.

Gonna be fun. Friends have been trying to get me to try SWToR when it comes out, which I might o: The females have some awesome... lines (:

Definitely going back to a PvP server though, went to a PvE one for Raiding and worst decision ever.

I mean, you can't even go gank in TB, neither of the zones unless the event is on. How stupid is that? Freakin' retarded; if the event for WG wasn't ongoing, I could still gank people there. Why not in TB? And not the Peninsula, but the actual area with the raid.

So happy that PvP is being mainly focused on for the next xpac with the entire alliance vs horde plot like in classic. Think I will go Hunter/Monk for MoP; keep away from my rogue for a bit.
__________________

Aggro Color to KG Panels Borders - Nibelheim
Lua Based UI Hider - Nibelheim
Custom LUA PowerText - Stuf - Nibelheim, Seerah

Last edited by Lily.Petal : 12-05-11 at 12:14 AM.
  Reply With Quote
12-05-11, 12:26 AM   #9
Nibelheim
local roygbi-
 
Nibelheim's Avatar
Featured
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,600
I got pretty tired of the rogue as well. Problem was no other class really kept me interested as much.

I do miss the classic days. Brewing poisons, Fadeleaf and Swiftthistle collecting, leveling up lockpicking, poison quests, swirly ball, killing Mages before they could say "Omgroguefrostnovaicelancefrostbostringoffrosticelancefrostboltgyahaha"....

Ahh, nostalgia. Ever accompanying me wherever I travel.
  Reply With Quote
12-05-11, 12:32 AM   #10
Lily.Petal
A Molten Giant
 
Lily.Petal's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 540
Hell No.
Originally Posted by Nibelheim View Post
... Brewing poisons, Fadeleaf and Swiftthistle collecting ...
F*** yes. MY SWIRLY BALL OF DOOOOOOM. (hums the Doom Song)
Originally Posted by Nibelheim View Post
... leveling up lockpicking, poison quests, swirly ball, killing Mages before they could say "Omgroguefrostnovaicelancefrostbostringoffrosticelancefrostboltgyahaha"...
__________________

Aggro Color to KG Panels Borders - Nibelheim
Lua Based UI Hider - Nibelheim
Custom LUA PowerText - Stuf - Nibelheim, Seerah
  Reply With Quote
12-05-11, 12:44 AM   #11
Nibelheim
local roygbi-
 
Nibelheim's Avatar
Featured
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,600
That's the nostalgia talking. I'm innocent, I swear!

Originally Posted by Lily.Petal View Post
Hell No.
  Reply With Quote
12-05-11, 12:56 AM   #12
Lily.Petal
A Molten Giant
 
Lily.Petal's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 540
I got you talking above your quotes again.

Originally Posted by Nibelheim View Post
That's the nostalgia talking. I'm innocent, I swear!
OT: Good luck with leveling your toons (: I just wish the leveling process wasn't just so boring; reading the quest text is more fun these days.
__________________

Aggro Color to KG Panels Borders - Nibelheim
Lua Based UI Hider - Nibelheim
Custom LUA PowerText - Stuf - Nibelheim, Seerah
  Reply With Quote
12-05-11, 01:34 AM   #13
Flarin
A Frostmaul Preserver
 
Flarin's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 290
Originally Posted by Nibelheim View Post
I got pretty tired of the rogue as well. Problem was no other class really kept me interested as much.

I do miss the classic days. Brewing poisons, Fadeleaf and Swiftthistle collecting, leveling up lockpicking, poison quests, swirly ball, killing Mages before they could say "Omgroguefrostnovaicelancefrostbostringoffrosticelancefrostboltgyahaha"....

Ahh, nostalgia. Ever accompanying me wherever I travel.
So those 20 stacks of Fadeleaf sitting on my unused level 74 Rogue are useless?
__________________

"I will crush and destroy and...ooo...shiny..."

  Reply With Quote
12-05-11, 01:35 AM   #14
Nibelheim
local roygbi-
 
Nibelheim's Avatar
Featured
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,600
Originally Posted by Flarin View Post
So those 20 stacks of Fadeleaf sitting on my unused level 74 Rogue are useless?
Nah. Given another 10 or so years, they'll sell for top copper on the Nostalgia Market
  Reply With Quote
12-05-11, 01:47 AM   #15
Lily.Petal
A Molten Giant
 
Lily.Petal's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 540
World of Warcraft 2 will b e out by then.
Originally Posted by Nibelheim View Post
Nah. Given another 10 or so years, they'll sell for top copper on the Nostalgia Market
__________________

Aggro Color to KG Panels Borders - Nibelheim
Lua Based UI Hider - Nibelheim
Custom LUA PowerText - Stuf - Nibelheim, Seerah
  Reply With Quote
12-05-11, 01:55 AM   #16
Flarin
A Frostmaul Preserver
 
Flarin's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 290
Originally Posted by Lily.Petal View Post
World of Warcraft 2 will b e out by then.
It already is - its called Skyrim..

Oh man - sorry - pancakes, waffles, blueberry jam... Sorry!
__________________

"I will crush and destroy and...ooo...shiny..."

  Reply With Quote
12-05-11, 03:12 AM   #17
Aftermathhqt
A Molten Giant
 
Aftermathhqt's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 784
Originally Posted by Flarin View Post
It already is - its called Skyrim..

Oh man - sorry - pancakes, waffles, blueberry jam... Sorry!
Skyrim sucks just bugg off.
  Reply With Quote
12-05-11, 03:46 AM   #18
Flarin
A Frostmaul Preserver
 
Flarin's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 290
Originally Posted by Game92 View Post
Skyrim sucks just bugg off.
No need for violence. Just an opinion. I happen to like it, and its a great diversion. I haven't had to kill 10 boars, collect 10 feathers, etc yet - its unique. And when games that come out that have something good - Blizzard usually finds a way to incorporate them into WoW. Look at - well - um - EVERYTHING in the last 2 expansions - remnants of Warhammer, Aion, LOTRO can be seen in them. Its not a BAD thing to have competition - really - it can make one stronger.

Back on topic, sort of - my last holdout - for when I REALLY plan on quitting WoW - is the Warlock. I have never played one - past level 10. When it gets so bad I can take it no more - I am rolling a Warlock on a PvP server and going to do nothing but play him (or her) until max level. I currently have every other class level 70 - 85, but no Warlocks yet.
__________________

"I will crush and destroy and...ooo...shiny..."

  Reply With Quote
12-05-11, 08:28 AM   #19
Ither
A Firelord
 
Ither's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 497
Holy lord.

I go to sleep to dream about lillies, I mean flowers, I mean turkey's....I wake up to 17 some replies.
__________________
  Reply With Quote
12-05-11, 09:05 AM   #20
Coote
A Scalebane Royal Guard
 
Coote's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 440
Originally Posted by TheGeek View Post
I'll have to find my way around it, but I'll manage to level up holy the whole way if I have to quest.
On the bright side, "Shockadin" isn't too awful to level as from around 30s-50s. Not anywhere as fast as Ret, but only slightly slower than Prot.


Originally Posted by Lily.Petal View Post
Pretty much just waiting for the monk class myself. I love my rogue... but 4 years of playing them has got me tired.
I know how that feels. I've been playing a rogue for 3 years, and I sometimes get incredibly tired of it. I'm pretty much holding on to the rogue until MOP, where I'll decide if I want to go Monk (depends on how many people in the guild reroll, really), stick with it, or go with something I've never played at any level cap (Hunter/Warlock/Warrior).


Originally Posted by Lily.Petal View Post
Definitely going back to a PvP server though, went to a PvE one for Raiding and worst decision ever.
I've already sort of rerolled on a PVP server. I'm spending time leveling a Druid over there whenever I'm not on my rogue. It's a pretty chill guild with nearly the exact opposite kinds of people as my main Alliance guild is.


Originally Posted by Lily.Petal View Post
So happy that PvP is being mainly focused on for the next xpac with the entire alliance vs horde plot like in classic.
I was under the impression MOP was more focusing on the war between Horde and Alliance, and not necessarily PVP. I'm still hoping for some good PVP, though. The new battlegrounds looked pretty awesome.
__________________

"This is the fifteen-thousandth four hundredth and ninety-eighth occurence".
  Reply With Quote

WoWInterface » General Discussion » General WoW Chat » New Start

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off