12-03-07, 04:19 AM   #1
Calderotto
A Kobold Labourer
what do i do if it says that my mod is "incompatable"?

i recently tried to instal the "alamo" druid addon, which is my first addon ive downloaded and installed. it worked, as in, i have the AddOn option on my character select screen, but it says that it is incompatable and doesnt work. I just dont know what I should do to fix it
Any ideas?
12-03-07, 05:20 AM   #2
Kyrianna
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Sounds to me like the addon is out of date. Look for a checkbox on your Addons screen in the upper right corner that says "Load out of date addons" and check that, then log in with it. This will let the addon run, but if Blizzard made any API changes that affected that addon you may get error messages. If you have any problems with it post in the addon's thread.
12-03-07, 05:33 AM   #3
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Grab the Alamo 2.0 mod. This is the updated version for TBC.

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/details/6247/

If a mod is listed as "Incompatible", it predates the WoW 2.0 Patch (and TBC) which updated the API used for mods and also changed the version of Lua. Some mods just needed a TOC update, others needed some code tweaks, still others had to be completely rewritten and finally some where simply "perma broke".

Checking "Load Out of Date Addons" will not load "Incompatible" mods. only "Out of Date" mods will be loaded.

Last edited by Zyonin : 12-03-07 at 05:39 AM.
12-03-07, 05:45 AM   #4
Eas
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
also make sure you have any dependencies the addon may need
12-03-07, 02:01 PM   #5
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by Eas
also make sure you have any dependencies the addon may need
again, that would not make an addon be listed as "Incompatible" - instead it would say "Dependency Missing".
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » what do i do if it says that my mod is "incompatable"?