12-06-07, 02:14 PM   #1
JaceDaAce
A Black Drake

A error Message

I get a error every so often that says something along the lines of "Inerface action prevented by addon" this is not the exact error but very close can anyone tell me how I find what didn't happen and why as no errors show in my bugsack and nothing seems to be going wrong or missing
12-06-07, 02:27 PM   #2
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Its a bit of UI taint, just ignore it.
12-06-07, 02:29 PM   #3
ReverendD
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

THhis is a copy & paste from WoW Patch Notes for 2.3

If you get a message "Interface action failed because of an AddOn", this means that an AddOn interfered with the Blizzard UI in some way. To diagnose this, enter the following into chat "/console taintLog 1" and restart the game and try to reproduce it. If you reproduce it, you can quit the game and search through the file Logs\taint.log for the word "blocked" and mail the log to the author of the AddOn listed there. Once you have done this you can turn off logging by entering the following into chat "/console taintLog 0”
12-06-07, 03:51 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Taint in and of itself is fine and can be ignored. But if someone gets that message in their chat, it pretty much means that there is something in the mod that should be fixed.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

12-06-07, 10:34 PM   #5
JaceDaAce
A Black Drake

Thanks a Bunch guys
12-06-07, 11:03 PM   #6
tralkar
An Onyxian Warder

but again it does this even with no addons.. Unlock your hotbuttons and when in combat try moving the hotbutton to another.. Or try moving stuff in your bag when in combat.. I get tainted everytime..
12-06-07, 11:18 PM   #7
ReverendD
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Odd, I only get it when I take damage for the first time in combat when I login. I haven't had issues with buttons/action bars causing the issue with no addons turned on.

I guess I could actually do what the note says and actually find out for myself but since it doesn't affect my game play I haven't bothered with it.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » A error Message