12-04-07, 06:21 PM   #1
Erurainon
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Consistent Bugs

I thought that there was a thread for bugs that you found after applying DeTard's fix, etc; but now I can't find it. Anyway, I'm consistently finding the following bugs:

Cartographer\Cartographer_InstanceLoot\InstanceLoot.lua:3: Cannot find a library instance of LibPeriodicTable-3.1.:
Ace2\AceLibrary\AceLibrary.lua:516: in function ' Ace Library '
Cartographer\Cartographer_InstanceLoot\InstanceLoot.lua:3: in main chunk:

Fubar_GarbageFu\GarbageFu.lua:6: Cannot find a library instance of LibPeriodicTable-3.1.
Ace2\AceLibrary\AceLibrary.lua:516: in function ' Ace Library '
Fubar_GarbageFu\GarbageFu.lua:6: in main chunk:

Mendeleev\Mendeleev.lua:2: Cannot find a library instance of "LibPeriodicTable-3.1".
Ace2\AceLibrary\AceLibrary.lua:49: in function 'LibStub'
Mendeleev\Mendeleev.lua:2: in main chunk

Anyone know what I sholuld be doing to get rid of these errors? Sorry if it's already been posted; but as I said I couldn't find the errors thread..
12-04-07, 06:56 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
If you use WAU, ensure that "automatic dependency download" is checked in the preferences. LibPeriodicTable-3.1 is a new PT lib to replace PT3. The errors you see are because those mods have been updated to use that new library. But you don't have it yet.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

12-04-07, 07:06 PM   #3
DeTard
Premium Member
Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Yes, they are definitely in a transition period for several libraries right now, and it's actually kind of a bad idea to not include externals unless you really know what you are doing. Anytime you EVER see an error saying that an instance of a certain library cannot be found, immediately go to your WUA and verify you don't have it installed. And yeah, as Seerah said, you definitely want to enable the option for automatic dependency download if you use without externals.
12-04-07, 08:06 PM   #4
Erurainon
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Well, I don't really know the difference between using with or without externals; but I've always checked to ensure that WAU updates with externals. I'll do another update and make sure that the auto dependency download option is checked. Thanks!
12-04-07, 08:58 PM   #5
Erurainon
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Ok, I just did another update and sure enough - automatic dependency download was not checked; so I checked it. In addition, under Update Behavior the following were also checked: Default Mode WITH externals, Unpack Addons, and Skip SVN Working Copies. Under User Warnings both checkboxes for Display Backup Warning and Confirm Before Updating were checked. And under Old Addon Handling, Use Recycle Bin and Save Old Version Info were checked. Is all this good to go or should more or less be checked?

Also, I noticed that even after updating I still have PT 3.0 installed and not 3.1. My WAU version is 1.9.42.491. I know there's a newer version out and I've downloaded it, but for some reason I've been unable to upgrade to it.. Would this be a reason why my PT table was not upgraded or is that something I need to download myself and install?
12-04-07, 10:53 PM   #6
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
No, it should download that for you as long as mods have their libraries set up correctly. As for the WAU version, you need to get rid of the old one and install the new one per the instructions on the wowace forums or the WAU wiki page. It will then be located in your Start menu.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

12-04-07, 11:55 PM   #7
DeTard
Premium Member
Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Keep in mind that, just because you have one version of a library, it doesn't mean you won't have a second version as well. Not every addon will instantly switch over to using the newer version, and most of them aren't backwards compatible anyhow (mostly because they use different variable naming schemes to make sure there aren't conflicts between versions). So some addons will use 3.0, others will use 3.1.
12-05-07, 06:29 AM   #8
mrs8joker1988
A Fallenroot Satyr
Do we have to uncheck the ones under SVN or will those not be messed with? I remember seeing something about we shouldn't be updating them but I'm not sure if they are set to not be updated no matter what.
12-05-07, 07:50 AM   #9
pokyoky
A Cyclonian
@mrs8joker As long as you do not uncheck the option to skip svn's you do not have to uncheck each svn mod to skip it

@erur Open your wau and scroll down the list of addons to the uninstalled section, find periodic table 3.1 , check the box, and then under file choose install/update marked addons

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Consistent Bugs