11-14-14, 11:54 PM   #61
10leej
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
Wow, that picture is like a time machine all the way back to 2005 or so. Not only is that a CRT, but it looks tiny... 17 inches? How do you even live?!
My projector died so I plugged in the only thing I had. >.> and it's 15 inches.

Anyays mouse recommendation:
A trackball, and not just any trackball it is THEE ultimate in trackball mice.

I introduce yee to thy mighty Microsoft Trackball Explorer. Yes it's a $600 mouse because it's no longe in production. But alas compared to any trackball mouse out there this is the only one to be graced with a "Consumer Choice Seal of Approval"

11-15-14, 09:02 AM   #62
Resike
A Pyroguard Emberseer
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
Also just noticed this and giggled at the last part... my first Intellimouse lasted 12 years (and is really still quite usable) so now that I have three more, I think I'm pretty much set on mice to last through the robot apocalypse.
Yes but i'm pretty sure the Intellimouse is nowhere near in the specifications compared to the Mamba. The real question is that how precise mouse you want, because if you plan to upgrade to 4k in the future and you want to reach every pixel on your monitor within reasonable time then it's recommended to have a 6k+ DPI mouse.
11-15-14, 01:24 PM   #63
Nynaeve
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Phanx, all three or so you ordered are working? If so, !

That Intellimice mouse was one of my first mice ever (quite a few years ago), and I loved it dearly.
It got eaten by a puppy so I replaced it with this crazy trackball mouse that I loved immensely, until it got borked during a small house fire.

Many many mice later in my quest to find the perfect mouse...

I now use a left-handed Naga, because I love having quick access to 1-= while being about to hover over modifiers, movement keys and such with my other hand (I have a random Chinese keypad). I love my Naga very much, but it is the only LH MMO gaming mouse, so I don't have anything to compare&contrast.
That said, I apparently have very small hands, so the Naga is a bit big for me, especially for navigating the side mouse buttons. I use a sort of... modified claw grip wherein my palm doesn't really rest on the back, but my wrist rests on the mousepad, and it can be a chore to reach all the buttons for my small hand.
I dream of a day when Lefties are a little more loved by gaming companies.

My setup is on one of these vintage sewing machine cabinets.

My magical balancing abilities allowed me to get two 24ish" monitors on there. There are many books. Many. It's truly fascinating. :P

I would take a picture, but I too come from a long line of very fascinating women. And really don't feel like cleaning up, right now.

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
The only picture I have of my desk right now is when I got my 27" monitor, and everything was cleared off it from cleaning. So... It's way messy right now, and I'm not about to take a picture of it for you.

Also:
11-15-14, 10:27 PM   #64
Phanx
Cat.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Originally Posted by 10leej View Post
My projector died so I plugged in the only thing I had. >.> and it's 15 inches.
Get a real monitor ASAP. Starve if you have to, or, you know, hit the street (wink wink nudge nudge) but dear god, stop torturing yourself with that thing!

Originally Posted by 10leej View Post
I introduce yee to thy mighty Microsoft Trackball Explorer.
My first "mouse" ever was a trackball. It was a good match for MS Dos on a black-and-amber monitor and a dot-matrix printer the size of a St. Bernard.

More recently I did use a trackball a few years ago when helping my mom's friend with some computer issues. It wasn't horrible, but my hand, wrist and arm are all fully mobile, so why not use a device that takes advantage of that and lets me use more buttons without adjusting my grip?

Originally Posted by Nynaeve View Post
Phanx, all three or so you ordered are working? If so, !
One is still in the mail, but the two that have arrived both work, and look much nicer than my well-oxidized original. In fact, my original one could maybe even pass for a banana, the plastic is so yellowed.

Oddly enough, my keyboard is also a Microsoft product of exactly the same age and color, but shows almost no oxidization.

Originally Posted by Nynaeve View Post
My magical balancing abilities allowed me to get two 24ish" monitors on there. There are many books. Many. It's truly fascinating.
The books are all (a) in a pile on top of my computer, which is ~3 ft off to the side of my desk, (b) in one of several piles on top of my dresser, (c) in and piled on top of the one small bookshelf unit I own, or (d) in boxes in my living room since I didn't bring all the shelves with me when I moved.
11-15-14, 10:30 PM   #65
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by Resike View Post
...if you plan to upgrade to 4k in the future and you want to reach every pixel on your monitor within reasonable time then it's recommended to have a 6k+ DPI mouse.
I don't have any immediate plans to upgrade to 4k, but I'm currently running two 27" 1920x1080 monitors side by side and can easily reach all the way across both monitors with a single motion while my wrist is resting on the mousepad jelly roll, so I'm not too worried about it.

Also the non-adjustable DPI in this Intellimouse is higher than the DPI setting I was using on the Razer. Took a few minutes to get used to that when I switched.
11-16-14, 02:34 PM   #66
10leej
A Molten Giant

More recently I did use a trackball a few years ago when helping my mom's friend with some computer issues. It wasn't horrible, but my hand, wrist and arm are all fully mobile, so why not use a device that takes advantage of that and lets me use more buttons without adjusting my grip?
Well I do a lot of cad and 3d modelling work where a trackball like that one feels a bit more natural to use than a mouse. So... kinda got used to it. I do have a standard mouse thoughfor some games (can't play an fps with a trackball)
11-16-14, 10:33 PM   #67
JDoubleU00
A Firelord

[quote=Phanx;300489]Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Get a real monitor ASAP. Starve if you have to, or, you know, hit the street (wink wink nudge nudge) but dear god, stop torturing yourself with that thing!

/QUOTE]

Sign: "Will xxxxx for new monitor."

11-16-14, 11:29 PM   #68
10leej
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by rocnroll View Post
Sign: "Will xxxxx for new monitor."

Or I can wait the next four days and get my projector back.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Tech Chat » Looking for mouse recommendations