07-25-10, 04:17 AM   #1
Sotsotzaii
A Murloc Raider
About installing Leatric Latancy on Ragnarok Online.

A very very good evening to all forum members and staff here.

I would like to ask a few questions that I don't really know, and don't know how to do it the proper way.

1. I have downloaded and extracted Leatrix Latancy into my desktop. And I've also followed the step that was given in this website earlier.

2. I've installed and used checker to check it, this is the part I didn't know if it were installed properly in my computer. Because when I click Checker, it says this " Leatrix Latancy is found on 3 interface network , and below it was wrote Unknown Area. ". In fact, no IPs were found , like on the second picture of the Checkers. It should show some kind of 192. x .x IP right? But mine dosen't after I installed it.

3. I want to use this Laetrix Latancy program to lower the latancy of me in the game Ragnarok Online. My latancy is 270 still, without change.

4. I really hope that any help would be helpful to let me lower my ping in Ragnarok Online and teach me the proper way on how it works. I've searched every part of this forum,website. No help was to be found.

Lastly, really hope to get some good person that would be patience enough and willing to help me. Teamviewer will be a good thing to start with too.

P/S - I installed it, and it ask me to restart my computer, and I did. When I restart and came back, nothing happen, all the same usual things going on. And that is the part I don't know what to do, well , my in game latancy is still the same without Leatrix Latancy, so this isn't happening. So that is why I need help, thank you so muchhh!

Additional Info - Using Windows 7, after doing the thing and seeing the picture, the batch list dosen't appear, or should it or whatever? I think I installed wrongly way, please guide me after reading, thank you very much.

MSN - [email protected] [ Please type any message to say you're the one, so I will accept ]

Thank you very much.

Last edited by Sotsotzaii : 07-25-10 at 05:00 AM.
07-25-10, 03:23 PM   #2
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The latency fix is not installed for a game. Its an adjustment to how your OS handles data packets. So once set it will function for anything that sends data in this fashion. Its very possible that ragnarok is as good as it is going to get with the tweak in place.

It works transparently as it is not a program or application. It makes the adjustment to your system and that's all.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
07-26-10, 12:16 AM   #3
Sotsotzaii
A Murloc Raider
So what you mean is, there's nothing I can do about latancy even if I uses Leatrix? So my latancy on that game will still be the same even if I installed? Or it will lower the ping for me? As what you said above, it's not for a game. But I believe many peoples uses it for a Game, like WoW, Aion, Lineage and so on. And their latancy dramatically drop. Example from 300 to 250 or below. So how did they do that?
07-26-10, 12:30 AM   #4
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

I think what MM was saying is this; Leatrix is not written for any one SPECIFIC game.
Leatrix makes some generic changes to your system registry file (I believe that's the case, if not someone please correct me) that reduce the overall latency on your computer. This should have benefits in web-browsing and yes, online gaming. If you have used Leatrix and are seeing no benefit to the latency when you play Ragnaroc then you may have some issue with your computer that Leatrix can't fix.

Please don't shoot the messenger.

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn
07-26-10, 02:15 AM   #5
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

Exactly what voodoo said. When you run the file for Leatrix you are adjusting the way your computer talks to the internet.

It should lower latency for anything related to the net. So there is no harm in using it.

I have used it myself and can say for certain it has lowered my ping times in wow to less than half of what they were (average of 350 down to an average of 140) and has shown similar effect in most of the games I play.

The fact that you are showing no notable improvement for Ragranok Online may be the cause of other things. I would suggest you check your firewall and see if it is allowing the game through cleanly.

... And as an added bonus **shoots voodoo**

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor

Last edited by MidgetMage55 : 07-26-10 at 02:16 AM. Reason: mischief and skulduggery
07-26-10, 02:57 AM   #6
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Ya know I've been slapped, smacked, punched, poked, kicked and even punted a time or two, but I don't think anyone has ever actually shot at me before now.

/evade

07-26-10, 03:00 AM   #7
Sotsotzaii
A Murloc Raider
Ok, well. I have installed Leatrix. And it has asked me to reboot my pc, and I did. After I reboot, nothing happens, everything is normal as usual. Does that means my computer is installed with Leatrix and my net latancy will be lowered slowly? I do think I did the wrong steps or didn't do it properly, well, my firewall should be off or on? What should I add to make Leatrix works properly on my pc? Please kindly guide me.

Edit - Probably a teamviewer will be best to solve my problem because you can control my pc and can fix it for me. I really need Pros to help me with this problem. Add up my msn [email protected] kindly. Thank you very much in advance.

Last edited by Sotsotzaii : 07-26-10 at 03:08 AM.
07-26-10, 03:42 AM   #8
sakurakira
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

1. Did you read the entire Addon page for Leatrix Latency Fix and follow all instructions?

2. Was there anything you didn't understand?

3. Did you run the checker script to see the list of network interfaces which Leatrix Latency Fix has modified successfully?

4. Did you try contacting the author to see if she could help you with the problem? Either by leaving a comment on the addon page here on WOWI, or a private message?

As far as the problem you are having... is there NO DIFFERENCE in the latency now than before you installed it? Or are you just not experiencing any performance improvements and think the program is not working?

It could be that Leatrix was installed successfully but it's just not having very much affect on your RO performance. Perhaps your RO performance is affected by an issue not related to ping, like graphics. Have you tried turning graphics down and seeing if that helps?
07-26-10, 03:57 AM   #9
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

One more thing. Leatrix is NOT a regular Windows program as far as being "installed". It's a script. Meaning that once it's been run there is nothing else for the user to do. There won't be anything to run, nothing will show up in your Windows Start Menu so you don't need to look for it. There is no configuration or anything of the sort. If you have run the script, you will either see a difference in your latency, or you won't. There's really nothing else to explain that the three of us haven't covered.

07-26-10, 04:07 AM   #10
Sotsotzaii
A Murloc Raider
The problem is, I installed correctly, and I clicked the checker, it says It has successfully installed in 3 internet interface, and below it wrote nothing, just Unknown Area, and dosen't it should be like DSL - *** *** [ 192.x.x ] ? I don't see that when I click the checker, and it's suppose to come out a batch mode right? I don't have all those coming out after I restart.
07-26-10, 09:34 AM   #11
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Sotsotzaii View Post
The problem is, I installed correctly, and I clicked the checker, it says It has successfully installed in 3 internet interface, and below it wrote nothing, just Unknown Area, and dosen't it should be like DSL - *** *** [ 192.x.x ] ? I don't see that when I click the checker, and it's suppose to come out a batch mode right? I don't have all those coming out after I restart.

If you are having latency issues and Leatrix did not help at all, then update your NIC card drivers. You can either update the drivers by updating your motherboard drivers or if you can find the NIC card drivers to download separately. If you need help with this, you'll need to either contact the company you bought your PC from, or the company that made your motherboard.

If that fails to work then the issue may be with your ISP or modem/router.

Last edited by Petrah : 07-26-10 at 09:36 AM.
07-26-10, 10:17 AM   #12
Taryble
A Molten Giant

Also, Leatrix Latency Fix doesn't affect games that use the UDP communications protocol.

Inside the idea of "TCP/IP", there's two protocols - TCP and UDP. TCP is basically connectionless - it's how you access web pages, it doesn't create a "permanent" connection to the other server. UDP does a "permanent" connection.

Here's where it gets funky. Most games (and IM programs) use UDP for their networking connections. WoW is very rare in that it actually uses the TCP protocol - most games don't, especially MMO's.

The Leatrix fix only affects the TCP protocol, and doesn't affect those programs that use UDP. I am not certain if Ragnarok Online uses TCP or UDP, however.

Just realize that LLF won't work to modify latency in most online games.
07-26-10, 12:27 PM   #13
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

You have your definitions for TCP and UDP backward. UDP is "connectionless".

Author of NPCScan and many other AddOns.
07-26-10, 04:09 PM   #14
Taryble
A Molten Giant

D'oh. I knew something felt wrong when I was writing that. It's been too damn long since I've done any serious network-aware programming.
07-27-10, 04:58 AM   #15
Sotsotzaii
A Murloc Raider
Just a quick-going question. If I update my ISP and change my router to a better one, and pay for faster speed, will that lower my in-game latancy for a bit?
07-27-10, 08:14 AM   #16
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Sotsotzaii View Post
Just a quick-going question. If I update my ISP and change my router to a better one, and pay for faster speed, will that lower my in-game latancy for a bit?

If the router is where your issue is at, then yes. But if the issue is with your ISP... simply upgrading to faster speeds is not going to help in the long run. For example, if there is a cable outside of your house that needs to be replaced, paying for faster speeds instead of getting that cable fixed will be a waste of money.

Rather than spending cash when you might not need to, update your NIC card drivers. That's free, and should be the first step in troubleshooting your issue.

Last edited by Petrah : 07-27-10 at 08:16 AM.
08-07-10, 04:06 AM   #17
Sotsotzaii
A Murloc Raider
Sorry for being inactive due to life.

As you were saying, update my NIC driver first, to see if it solve my issue that I'm facing now. So how do I do that in order to update?

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Tech Chat » About installing Leatric Latancy on Ragnarok Online.