09-18-12, 05:42 AM   #1
Haleth
This Space For Rent

Featured
Achievement frame freezing

Hello.

I've noticed since patch 5.0.4 that scrolling through the achievement frame when there are many achievements listed, in particular the 'Lich King Raid' one (which is honestly a mess), seems to take up a lot of CPU as it often causes temporary freezes when scrolling quickly.

I've asked a few people but it doesn't seem to happen to them. I've got a decent processor though (Intel core i7 3.4GHZ) so that can't be a problem. I've turned off my addons too because one thing does seem to slow it down a tad more, namely hooking AchievementButton_DisplayAchievement, but it still happens without.

Does this happen for anyone else?
09-18-12, 09:17 AM   #2
Talyrius
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Yes, it happens to me with anything involving scroll frames. I believe its related to the use of unthrottled OnUpdate scripts. It's severity seems proportional to the complexity of the frame elements being redrawn.

BTW, I have an overclocked (3.8 GHz) Intel Core i7-875K processor and an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti graphics card.
09-18-12, 04:23 PM   #3
Tonyleila
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
On my windows 7 PC with a 2Quad Q9450 @ 2.66GHz it takes 38% while standing around in OG but its not going higher while scrolling in LK archives but i get a small lagg and fps drops from 75 to 14 my graphics is a ati hd 5870 (1gb)
I also tested on my macbook (end 2011) i think it has a 1gb graphics and a i7 2.2ghz and it works fine I don't get any fps drops it stays 30
I have 8gb ram and a SSD on both.
Testet with and without addons + and "ultra" wow options on both.

Last edited by Tonyleila : 09-19-12 at 05:03 AM.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » General WoW Chat » Achievement frame freezing