04-04-09, 10:34 PM   #1
Shadkan
A Defias Bandit
Dual screen UI

Hello,
Is there a way to customize your ui for dual screen ? Basically I would like to have my main screen with a clear UI and "the game itself" and my second screen would have my raid/Pvp Tools like the party/raid frames, recount, gladius, etc on a black background (or any color really, i just don't want it to mess with the resolution on the main screen on wich you actually play).

If anyone know a way, let me know.

Thanks =)
04-04-09, 10:41 PM   #2
dystrophy
A Cyclonian
The only way I could think that this would be possible is to make the games resolution cover both your monitors whatever that is...3360x1050 for example, then use a viewport mod and change the visible portion of WoW to fit on one screen, lets say the left screen. Then your right side screen would be still part of the game technically, just be a black screen, and you could move UI elements over there.
04-04-09, 10:43 PM   #3
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Guide on how to set it up: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...12052602&sid=1

An addon you might like: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...1-Duality.html (not sure if it still works though)
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

04-04-09, 10:52 PM   #4
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

That is beyond awesome. I need to buy another monitor though, I'm too ocd to use two different size monitors. Hopefully I can get it going on the new game I started.
04-04-09, 10:55 PM   #5
Shadkan
A Defias Bandit
Woa, thanks for the fast reply !
I didnt think of using a viewport mod and I'll certainly go check the links you provided (after that AB).

Thanks again for the replies, I didn't expect it to be answered so quickly. =D
04-05-09, 12:25 AM   #6
Shadkan
A Defias Bandit
Ah, seems like I can't get anything decent looking since I'm dual screening a Widescreen and another of 4:3 format.
I'll keep looking, I'm trying to find a way to keep my resolution to 1440*900 on the first and 1280*1024 on the 2nd. I also dislike the fact that I have to span my desktop horizontaly.

I'll let you know if I find anything to solve this problem, some people with the same configuration as me might want to know if there's a way around.
04-07-09, 05:57 AM   #7
aretziel
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
any way to custom input your screensize?

so you could get only half of the extra monitor covered?
04-07-09, 03:33 PM   #8
jonathon
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by aretziel View Post
any way to custom input your screensize?

so you could get only half of the extra monitor covered?
I used to run dual screens... I'll see if i can find some screenshots... the way I did it was to match resolutions on the second monitor... ie 1680x1050 on one monitor then the second would need to be (some number)x1050... this would allow for no distortion when going to another screen. I'm just using these as an example. I can't remember what rez i was actually running...

If you do it this way and run windowed mode, not maximised, you can stretch the window between the 2.
04-08-09, 11:04 AM   #9
merak69
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I run dual screen wow in windowed mode. To get it to look correctly, you have to add a custom resolution in your video drivers. With Nvidia cards, you can just go into their control panel and add a custom resolution. (AKA something like 3300x1050, basically double screen width but still using normal screen height). You will have to play around with this for a bit to get it right... Don't take my numbers as something that will work immediately for you.

Once added, DO NOT use that resolution in full screen mode OR in windows itself. Set WoW to run in windowed mode then change the resolution in wow.

The window will now probably shrink really small... Just stretch the window to the size you want.

If you want to make hotkey to resize the window to what you specify, you can use a program called AutoHotKey. I have a script with the following line:

^!NumpadAdd::WinMove,A,,0,0,2960,994

Basically when i press CTRL+ALT+Numpad Plus it makes the current window stretch across both monitors. (This applies to ANY window, not just wow).

Once you have wow setup like that, install an addon called CT_ViewPort. It allows you to configure the viewport area of wow so be only on one screen (or anywhere you specify).

So I see my characters in the center of my first monitor, and my viewable area restricted to my first monitor, but I'm able to move any/all of my addons to my 2nd monitor to free up space.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Dual screen UI