04-09-13, 12:35 AM   #1
rain3x
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Notes addon

I'm looking for a notes addon (seems like nobody updates these much anymore) with the ability to pin multiple notes similar to NotesUNeed with the features of (or similar to) SimplyNotes.

I'm sure an updated version of NotesUNeed would be fine, but I can't find any third party that has updated it. Any leads? Thanks in advance!
04-09-13, 06:09 AM   #2
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I quickly browsed the comments on Curse.
What is the problem with NotesUNeed? The calendar issues?
04-09-13, 09:54 AM   #3
rain3x
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Dridzt View Post
I quickly browsed the comments on Curse.
What is the problem with NotesUNeed? The calendar issues?
Yeah, the calendar issues are incredibly annoying, and having to workaround it every login is pretty annoying as well.
04-09-13, 01:25 PM   #4
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I was tempted to try fix this as I know what's the cause of the Calendar issues.

1. He has this ## Dependencies: Blizzard_Calendar, Blizzard_GuildUI in .toc
2. He's also force-loading one or both of those in his code using LoadAddOn().

Either one prematurely loading, bugs out the Calendar.

Unfortunately after taking a look at the code it's such an abomination that I can't bring myself to spend time on it.
(a gazillion globals, xml and lua script handlers mixed and matched haphazardly, horrible spaghetti code, it definitely shows both its age and the fact that half a dozen developers added bits and pieces over the years)
It's long past the point of simple maintenance, it needs to be incinerated with a blowtorch and re-written from the ground up.

Unless an author appears with strong masochistic tendencies I'm afraid you'll have to look for alternatives/multiple addons to cover NuN features (I'm aware of no single addon that does everything it does)

Last edited by Dridzt : 04-09-13 at 01:29 PM.
04-09-13, 02:30 PM   #5
rain3x
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Dridzt View Post
Unless an author appears with strong masochistic tendencies I'm afraid you'll have to look for alternatives/multiple addons to cover NuN features (I'm aware of no single addon that does everything it does)
I want the features of SimplyNotes though =P The only thing I want from NuN is the ability to pin multiple notes up at the same time, tooltip style.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Notes addon