05-22-14, 04:21 PM   #1
Darkindica
A Defias Bandit
Question Access to content.

Hello, I want to use RDX to build my own custom UI from the ground up starting with a default profile. Problem with this is I cant access things like texture files from multiple package sources as they aren't loaded through default theme. Is there away I can make it so all included packages content loads and registers in their entirety on start up? This would make the design process much easier. I do not want to be limited to one packages content at a time while experimenting and building my UI. Thanks in advance for any help with this.
05-24-14, 12:05 AM   #2
sigg
Featured Artist

Featured
In the texture feature, you can manually declare the path of any texture located in the addon folder

Cheers
05-24-14, 06:02 PM   #3
Darkindica
A Defias Bandit
I tried that, perhaps I'm going about this wrong?

Very much appreciate the reply. I tried the process you specified within the texture picker. But if I specify a texture path from say syla theme and I am currently in a default theme it does not register in the game and just shows as a green square. It would seem it is only set to register certain texture files associated with the currently loaded theme. What I am wondering is if there is a relativity simple way to make it so all texture files from all theme packages register in game. Example, I would like to create a new theme from scratch and as I build, any textures I want from any packages will already be registered in game on start up. A script perhaps? Or am I just way off on how I am going about things? Just seems textures associated to a theme only register in game if that specific theme is loaded. Thanks again so much for your help.
05-25-14, 11:59 AM   #4
sigg
Featured Artist

Featured
It should work. If you have a green picture, means you enter a wrong path.

You can use a script to register file by file in the picker Texture, like this :

Code:
VFLUI.RegisterTexture({
	name = "spar_bar-backdrop0";
	category = "Spartan";
	title = "bar-backdrop0";
	path = "Interface\\Addons\\RDX_mediapack_ext\\Spartan\\bar-backdrop0";
});
I just upload a new version of the mediapack 2.0.3. All the textures will appear in the Texture Picker.
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...o.php?id=12820

Cheers
05-25-14, 07:34 PM   #5
Darkindica
A Defias Bandit
Thank You!!!

The media pack updates you provided fixed the problem. I am so grateful for your very timely response. I no longer have issues browsing and selecting textures . Thank you very much for your time. You have an excellent add-on and impeccable tech support service.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » OpenRDX » OpenRDX Community » OpenRDX: Community Chat » Access to content.