10-07-08, 06:16 PM   #1
Glance
A Kobold Labourer
Extracting Help

I keep getting "Windows Explorer is Restarting" error message when Mazzle is about 75% extracted. Or when the add-ons package is about 1/3 of the way through. I thought it might be my computer, but I successfully extracted 3 other add-ons afterwards. This can't be right, can it? Help? And thanks.
10-07-08, 09:34 PM   #2
Carthrix
An Aku'mai Servant
Ok first off IE shouldn't have anything to do with extracting it, try saving the file to your desktop, instead of running it. After that right click it and send to winzip to unzip it and put C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns as where to unzip it to. Goodluck
10-07-08, 11:38 PM   #3
Blu_Haze
A Cliff Giant

Originally Posted by Carthrix View Post
Ok first off IE shouldn't have anything to do with extracting it, try saving the file to your desktop, instead of running it. After that right click it and send to winzip to unzip it and put C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns as where to unzip it to. Goodluck
Windows Explorer is the name for the shell that the operating system uses, to give the graphical navigation and access to the computers data and configuration. In other words, when you click on my computer and look at the files on your hard drive, you're using Windows Explorer (explorer.exe) to do it, and although Internet Explorer is heavily integrated into the shell, they're still separate.

Starting with Windows XP microsoft saw the massive popularity of Winzip and tried to make their own crappy little version of it that was built into the shell, but for the most part failed.

To answer the original question, just go to www.winzip.com and either purchase it, or download the free trial. Install it, and then use that to extract the files instead of the built in archive tool.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Extracting Help