04-28-09, 08:29 PM   #1
Grimsin
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
GrimUI

So here it is. GrimUI. Based largely off of the MazzleUI. More functionality then anyone person needs so I am sharing I designed this UI on a wide screen so i recommend a wide screen resolution for it. Over 150 addons used when all said and done which means you need some ram and a decent computer to run this without problems. I have a char of every class type so general layouts will be done for all. Only have time to lvl maybe 3 of those so button layouts for all are not finished. Numerous testing of various addons always in process with my UI so you may notice some overlay of functions.

Always replacing certain addons with better ones so your feedback and recommendations are greatly appreciated as it helps me make the final decision sometimes.

I could use some help with testing and maybe some feedback on what you had to do to set it up. The way i have done it so far is to install wow fresh on a comp then drag the entire wow folder from an already setup comp over a network on top of the fresh install. It works like a charm. May not for anyone else though. Your also not dragging the entire wow folder from me either

Enjoy!

Last edited by Grimsin : 04-29-09 at 02:08 PM.
04-30-09, 11:33 PM   #2
Harrynutz
A Murloc Raider
You roxxors my soxxors Grim xD
05-02-09, 02:42 AM   #3
zodiacus
A Murloc Raider
loved in the old days mazzle's work and so i'm glad that someone is at it again.

what i'm missing is when i first loaded the UI, my pet bar and the actionbars were all questionmarks for me, is there a way to automatically do that?

and i seem not to be able to move the tomtom arrow.
keep up the great job.
05-02-09, 09:03 AM   #4
Grimsin
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by zodiacus View Post
loved in the old days mazzle's work and so i'm glad that someone is at it again.

what i'm missing is when i first loaded the UI, my pet bar and the actionbars were all questionmarks for me, is there a way to automatically do that?

and i seem not to be able to move the tomtom arrow.
keep up the great job.
Unfortunately as of right now the actionbars will not auto setup the buttons.
As far as the TomTom arrow. That is QuestHelper's arrow you should be able to right click it and bring up a small menu, one of the options is locked. It starts off locked so everyone must unlock it and move it up.
Grimsin is online now Report comment to moderator Edit/Delete Message
05-04-09, 09:02 PM   #5
Grimsin
A Molten Giant

Updated a few mins ago. Added a button to toggle the bagbar and menubars that should load with the UI. Also cleaned up DUF layout more, did some tidying up basically. I have edited the DUF_Default.lua so that the settings for the GrimUI load no mater what. If you update DUF, which isn't likely, you will almost surely lose your DUF layout.

Also made a small edit to the onload state of TrinketMenu. It seems only i was having this problem how ever since i was having it anyone getting the UI from me should theoretically have it as well. So i went ahead and edited a single line from strata background to strata high. So now when you log in TrinketMenu should load without having to click on it once.
05-05-09, 04:16 PM   #6
Grimsin
A Molten Giant

More updates coming soon, already have a red hue that appears over the screaming skulls for in combat notification. Working on fixing the cords box that should be under the minimap. Also toying with moving the gatherer button as well as possibly something to handle all map buttons so they never show up on the minimap.

The big kicker im working on is a way to manage the files for the entire UI. IE it would be helpfull if i had a program that would allow me to move/copy/paste lots of files at once but with exceptions. If anyone knows of such a thing let me know.

What i would like to be able to do is drag the UI from the master copy over to a new file but have it automatically weed out things like all the .old's all the .baks as well as individual addon's .wtf's. Why? well every time i update to you guys your downloading all my WTF's its not completely necessary. Not all of them anyhow. Things like MobInfo3/MobInfo2, Auctioneer and numerous others are changing back to my data every time you download an update meaning you lose all the data you gathered. Sooooo make a long story short.... all those herbing nodes you collected... ya.... there all gone now when you download an update for the UI. I can go threw and move things and delete things by hand and i am already doing that for a large number of things. But to weed out what is needed and what isnt and have to do that every time i update is a pain. Any suggestions here would be great.

GrimUI
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
05-09-09, 10:09 AM   #7
quixbk
A Kobold Labourer
Mounted Action Bar

Grim,

UI Rocks But cannot seem to find the Mounted Action Bar.

Trying to do Argent Dailies and cannot with UI on.

Please assist.

Magizoroast, Durotan US

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released Compilations » GrimUI