04-30-11, 03:56 PM   #1
Mishii
A Murloc Raider
No Friend's list

When I have Carbonite enabled, my social tab is missing the Friend's list. D:

I tried turning other addons off, but I still had the problem. Is there a workaround in the beta yet, or will I just have to do without a friends list for a while? XD

04-30-11, 04:19 PM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
When you say
I tried turning other addons off, but I still had the problem.
it made me wonder. Have you tried running with Carbonite as your only enabled addon? That is the only way to know for sure that Carbonite is causing the problem.

If the problem stops with Carbonite as the only enabled addon, then the problem is most likely a conflict between Carbonite and another addon. Start enabling your addons in small groups (one by one, if you only have a few) and testing to see if the problem returns after re-enabling each group. When the problem resurfaces, go back and disable the last group of re-enabled addons, and start re-enabling the addons from that group one at a time, testing after re-enabling each one. When the problem starts again, that should be the offending addon. Please let the authors of both addons know that there is a conflict between the two addons. Most sites have a "bug ticket" system, so file a ticket, or leave a comment in the addons information page "Comments" section.

If the problem continues with Carbonite as the only enabled addon, then I'm clueless. If you are comfortable navigating around the files and folders on your computer, you might try going to the "Path to your WoW folder\WTF\Account\ACCOUNT NAME\SavedVariables\" folder and renaming / deleting the Carbonite.lua and Carbonite.lua.bak files there. Please be aware, though, that this will completely reset your installation of Carbonite to it's default settings for all of your characters.

I apologize if I misunderstood what you posted, but it seems as though when most people post something like
I tried turning other addons off, but I still had the problem.
they usually mean "I tried turning "AddOn A" off, and that didn't work, so I turned it back on and turned off "AddOn B" and so on. That's just not the way to test for an addon interfering with Carbonite (or, as far as I can tell, any other addon either).

Last edited by jeffy162 : 05-01-11 at 10:31 AM.

05-02-11, 10:25 PM   #3
Mishii
A Murloc Raider
Oh, I know about the 50/50 method. I have to use it all the time in Sims 2 when my mods go bezerk :P

I did have Carbonite as my only enabled Addon, and I still had the issue (so the 50/50 wasn't needed at that point anyway). I can try deleting the settings back to default and see if that fixes it, but for the moment I can live without it - it IS a beta, after all. I'm sure that if it's a genuine bug, it will get fixed eventually.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » No Friend's list