03-06-07, 12:15 PM   #1
Succubusgoul
A Murloc Raider
Rogue Gear Calculator

I, being a rogue, have found that figuring out what gear would be best is always a issue. Mainly when your asked to roll for a item and the group wants to hurry along.

I ask that please someone aid by makeing a mod that will calculate and place the results into a tooltip. Kind of like Jubeis mod only with the new Mings formulas. I myself prefer the PVE version of this. Though the ability to pick between PVP and PVE would make it more usefull by others. Options gotten to via a moveable mini-map button would rock too.

PVE Formula:
Strength X 0.5
Agility X 1
Stamina X 0.5
Hit Rate X 1
Crit Rate X 1
Attack Power X 0.5
Socket X 8 (not sure how that can be done in the mod but each socket counts as 8 per, and socket bonues is not put into formula)

PVP Formula:
Strength X 0.5
Agility X 1
Stamina X 1
Resilience X 1
Hit Rate X 1
Crit Rate X 1
Attack Power X 0.5
Socket X 8 (not sure how that can be done in the mod but each socket counts as 8 per, and socket bonues is not put into formula)

Note: Example weapon is the Hope Ender

Weapons Mainhand Formula:
Min and Max is Averaged (ie., 152 min 283 max = 217.5)
DPS is Average divided by speed (ie., 217.5 divided by 2.6 = 83.6)
Total is PVP/PVE total + 2.9 subtract speed mutiplayed by 10 plus Average multiplayed by 3 (ie., 30+((2.9-2.6)X10)+(217.5X3)=685.5) Hmm that might have made your head spin a bit, sorry.

Weapons Offhand Formula:
Min and Max is Averaged then divided by speed and times by 0.5 (ie., 152 min 283 max = 217.5 divided by 2.6 times 0.5)
DPS is Average divided by speed (ie., 217.5 divided by 2.6 = 83.6)
Total is PVP/PVE total + 2.9 subtract speed mutiplayed by 10 plus Average multieplayed by 6 (ie., 30+((2.9-2.6)x10)+(41.8X6)= 283.9

Last edited by Succubusgoul : 03-06-07 at 12:19 PM.
01-19-09, 06:45 PM   #2
Sheper
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Succubusgoul View Post
I, being a rogue, have found that figuring out what gear would be best is always a issue.
Heres a rogue calculator I find useful for choosing gear:
http://www.evaid.net
01-19-09, 07:01 PM   #3
Fashionabull
A Cliff Giant

Have you tried Pawn. You can have it "score" items based on a scale of your choosing. It will show this rating in the tooltip and you can judge whether it's better or by how much. (as stated with the addon, it's not going to be able to take everything into account every time so take the ratings with a grain of salt)
01-19-09, 10:42 PM   #4
Sheper
A Defias Bandit
nice.. I'll check it out
01-20-09, 12:38 AM   #5
Miralen
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

I would also recommend RatingBuster I find it to be invaluable as it breaks down the scores into easy to understand stats at the bottom of the tooltip.

- Winston Churchill
01-21-09, 07:00 PM   #6
Mike-N-Go
A Theradrim Guardian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Try both Rating Buster and Pawn. Rating Buster gives you a stat-by-stat break down, where Pawn helps you see what item is 'worth' more according to how you rank the stats.

Author of Daily Bean Counter, MyNameTogglesWhenIAFKorDND, Extended Shutdown Warning, Auto Mail Director, Duel Nullify, Spec Transmiter, Say Again, Window Teller, Who Crafts, Ad Repeater, Privy Cork, Mac Backup, and more.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Rogue Gear Calculator