12-15-10, 09:27 AM   #1
magius2112
A Defias Bandit
Question To mod or not to mod or do i play of do i mod?

i'm having a problem with WOW stalling and freezing up on some of my toons. WOW said i needed to remove cache, interface and the WTF folders from the addons folders inside the wow folder on my computer. i remove these folders to another hard-drive so i wouldn't loose the data they contained. i then went back and reinstalled as many as i could back onto my system that i could. now i find that i can have my game, or i can have my addons but i can't have both on ALL of my toons.

my addons included: Altoholic, Atlas, Atlasloot, atlasquest, bagnon, bejeweled, betterquest, datastore, enchantrix, gatherer, informant, questhelper, GH2, slidebar, stubby, and titan
12-15-10, 05:42 PM   #2
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Well, the general recommendation when you're having problems that you think are caused by addons:

Log in with one addon enabled. If the problem does not occur, enable a second addon. If the problem does not occur, enable a third addon. Continue until the problem occurs. Then, disable all addons except the last one you enabled. If the problem still occurs (it usually will) then you've found the one causing your problem. Going in alphabetical order usually makes this process much easier.
12-15-10, 06:27 PM   #3
Marthisdil
An Onyxian Warder
As Phanxs said - if the game works fine without Addons, but has a problem WITH addons, then obviously it's an addon problem.

Follow what he said - install 1 addon at a time, go into the game. No crash? Exit game, install next addon, etc, until you find the one that causes the crash.

Marth

12-15-10, 10:10 PM   #4
Dawn
A Molten Giant

If QuestHelper means, QuestHelperLite, than try this. I had some issues with it when I was trying it out for my girl friends UI.

"neeh the game wont be remembered as the game who made blizz the most money, it will be remembered as the game who had the most QQ'ers that just couldnt quit the game for some reason..."

12-16-10, 07:36 AM   #5
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by Marthisdil View Post
install 1 addon at a time, go into the game. No crash? Exit game, install next addon, etc, until you find the one that causes the crash.
You don't need to uninstall addons or exit the game client. Simply log out to the character selection screen, click the Addons button in the bottom left corner of the window, and click the Disable All button to disable all of your addons. Now click the checkbox next to one addon in the list so that a yellow check mark appears next to its name, and click the Okay button. Log in. No problem? Log out, click Addons, click the checkbox next to another addon, click Okay, log in. Repeat as needed.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » To mod or not to mod or do i play of do i mod?