01-17-23, 08:53 PM   #1
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Wrath Classic has Large UI Changes ?

I can't see the blizzard source to this *large UI Change* being reported on wowhead.

https://www.wowhead.com/wotlk/news/u...phase-2-331015

And in particular this paragraph:
These changes are the same that happened with the Dragonflight launch in retail and are now arriving in Classic Wrath. These changes were testable during the Heroic+ and Ulduar testing these past few weeks.
I can't see anything outside of the patch notes and I can't see a reference to Dragonflight API being added.

What exactly was changed ?

Thanks for any info people can find, that I couldn't.
01-17-23, 09:09 PM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
There is also this on the wow forums from an individual
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/bl...-working/39497

As a heads up, when the game was updated to 1.14.3 the API changed to the 9.2.7 lua API. Addon authors would need to modify their addons to work with this API.
01-18-23, 06:02 AM   #3
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

One thing I've encountered so far is many container/item APIs have moved to C_Container. There have also been many code changes in the DefaultUI that look similar to DragonFlight code.

For example, FramePoolCollection template keys are a concatenation of the template name and an optional "specialization" argument that ends up concatenating "nil" if absent. GossipFrame is now using the mixin-based DragonFlight version with data providers.
01-18-23, 06:31 AM   #4
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
nUI seems to have had extra borders on the action bars that appeared practically overnight. And I saw an error regarding a 0/1 value being boolean required on the CombatLog. At least at the moment.

Here I was thinking I was only going to have nUI Retail vs 10.0.5 to worry about and now I have nUI Wrath vs 3.4.1 to worry about too.
02-16-23, 05:24 AM   #5
ZpiX
A Murloc Raider
So the differance from the classic WOTLK and the old WOTLK is only API?
-and some events etc. Changed/removed

So I could just replace the API’s and the addon will work on the old client?
02-17-23, 04:57 PM   #6
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by ZpiX View Post
So I could just replace the API’s and the addon will work on the old client?
As an official Blizzard community site, discussion involving private servers is prohibited.

Originally Posted by Cairenn View Post
4. Don't break WoW EULA or ToU. If you come here and post that you are selling your WoW account for real world money, offering or asking for power-levelling, in-game items or gold for real life cash, private servers or any other post that breaks WoW EULA or ToU, your post will be deleted and you will (at minimum) warned not to do it again. Repeated offenses will lead to banning from the site.
-Holy Site Rules of WoWInterface

Last edited by SDPhantom : 02-17-23 at 05:00 PM.
02-18-23, 09:45 AM   #7
ZpiX
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by SDPhantom View Post
As an official Blizzard community site, discussion involving private servers is prohibited.
Iam more interested in understanding the change that have been made, not talk about private servers (:

I havn’t played since Cata, now I just started a trial account, so I could get back to Lua (Don’t really play anymore)

Edit:
So what have changed since Cata? now we have Retail and Classic and I keep reading "Old client and New client"

"It's updated for patch 3.4.1 now, classic wrath now has to use both the new and old codebase."

What is this New and Old?

I thought that the Classic games were made on the same "updated code" as retail and just "adjusted" around it?

But I can see that Retail and Classic is not the same and the different Classic versions is also different?

Iam really confused and trying to figure it all out

New edit:
Found this: https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/API_change_summaries
I will start reading, just didn't find a summary before (:

Last edited by ZpiX : 02-20-23 at 01:55 AM. Reason: Added better question
02-21-23, 11:39 AM   #8
ZpiX
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
There is also this on the wow forums from an individual
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/bl...-working/39497
Were is this confirmed?

“Classic 1.13.2 is based on Patch 8.1.0 and reintroduced Vanilla API.”
-2662 changes

-From 1.13.2 to 2.5.4. I only see changes, nothing about other API

“3.4.0 - The client has pulled in a subset of API changes from Patch 9.2.5.“
-From 2.5.4 to 3.4.0. 321 changes

“3.4.1 - The client has pulled in a subset of API changes from Patch 10.0.2.“
-Must be this OP refer to
-10.0.0 Widget API and 270 chamges
-Still based on 8.1.0, but with like 5000 changes (So no were near 8.1.0)
02-22-23, 11:44 AM   #9
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
That's the problem. I haven't seen anything from Blizzard to say they have done this outside of what you posted, but the link I provided is the only thing I could see and a few discussions on the Blizzard forums that had no official response ( at least at the time ).

All you can do is download the source files and compare them to previous ones to identify what they have added.

All I have done is use the previous version of my addon and fix errors that occur at log in and then make changes when someone reports an item not working in my addon that should do It seems to working so far, but it would probably depend if your addon(s) look at areas that were altered by Blizzard since the last Classic version.

WoWInterface » Classic - AddOns, Compliations, Macros » Classic - AddOn Help/Support » Wrath Classic has Large UI Changes ?