08-06-19, 10:36 PM   #1
pucelle
A Defias Bandit
How to export creature portraits.

Hi, I'm developing a WoW web app, I need the boss's round type portrait, just like what shown in the dungeon maps.

I did some research on it, and I already know I can get the portrait by calling an WoW interface API and passing a display id.

So is there a way to export the portraits as image files?

Thanks.
08-07-19, 03:45 AM   #2
Ketho
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by pucelle View Post
I did some research on it, and I already know I can get the portrait by calling an WoW interface API and passing a display id.

So is there a way to export the portraits as image files?

You mean specifically the round portraits with the displayID from EJ_GetCreatureInfo() and SetPortraitTextureFromCreatureDisplayID() ?

Since these are essentially cut-outs from model textures I don't think there is a way to export those, no
You might want to ask on wow.tools discord otherwise
08-07-19, 03:59 AM   #3
pucelle
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Ketho View Post
You mean specifically the round portraits with the displayID from EJ_GetCreatureInfo() and SetPortraitTextureFromCreatureDisplayID() ?

Since these are essentially cut-outs from model textures I don't think there is a way to export those, no
You might want to ask on wow.tools discord otherwise
Yes, that's just what I want, I know it's very hard, so currently I guess I need to implement a plugin to show portraits in table for specified display ids and take screenshot, then parse them to portrait images.

Thanks very much.

By the way, I'm level 0 at wow AddOn...

Last edited by pucelle : 08-07-19 at 04:02 AM.
08-09-19, 05:30 AM   #4
Thubz
An Aku'mai Servant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by pucelle View Post
Yes, that's just what I want, I know it's very hard, so currently I guess I need to implement a plugin to show portraits in table for specified display ids and take screenshot, then parse them to portrait images.

Thanks very much.

By the way, I'm level 0 at wow AddOn...
i use to take the files directly out of the game to create my UI, there is a portrait folder init aswell never checked whats init but might b what your looking for

https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Extr...nterface_files
08-18-19, 08:48 PM   #5
pucelle
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Thubz View Post
i use to take the files directly out of the game to create my UI, there is a portrait folder init aswell never checked whats init but might b what your looking for

https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Extr...nterface_files
Thanks for your reply, I've tried this way and makesure it doesn't work.
After all, thanks for you very much.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » How to export creature portraits.