05-29-10, 01:50 PM   #1
Inrego
An Aku'mai Servant
Documentation?

I'd rly like a documentation on the different variables and stuff in RDX. For example when I've added Vars: Threat, I get fthreat and fthreatscale. What's the difference between these? Is there a documentation anywhere that I missed?
05-29-10, 03:07 PM   #2
unlimit
Lookin' Good

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
We do not have any current documentation.

The base course of action at this point is to just ask questions about a specific variable.

We really won't see any either, unless someone who REALLY understands RDX and VFL and all of their sub-addons to their core programming.

Best of luck to you!

kúdan: im playing pantheon
JRCapablanca: no youre not
** Pantheon has been Banned. **
05-30-10, 03:37 PM   #3
Dgrimes
A Black Drake

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The difference between fthreat and fthreatscale is which type of threat you want to see.

fthreat will give you the threat relative to the tank, so if you are ranged it would mean you have till 130% of the tanks threat till you pull aggro.

fthreatscale will tell you your current threat as a total of 100%. What this means is when you hit 100% threat you will have aggro.

Peronsally I prefer using the fthreatscale option since it is easier to gauge threat if you are ONLY staying at range if you play a ranged DPS.

If you are having to move in and out of melee range on a target I would suggest using the fthreat value instead. The reason being is that fthreat will tell you how far ahead the tank you are so if you are past the point in which melee would pull aggro and you have to move into melee range you will pull aggro just by moving into melee range. I have done this on my warlock before

If you have any more questions just keep them coming and people will answer them.
06-01-10, 10:39 AM   #4
Inrego
An Aku'mai Servant
Thanks for the explanation. Then I do still believe that fthreat is bugged since the tank is around 250% pretty often making the bar go far off the window and sometimes off the screen (plus it looks stupid)

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » OpenRDX » OpenRDX Community » OpenRDX: Community Chat » Documentation?