03-03-07, 12:59 PM   #1
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Custom ecb textures...

I'm trying to use these textures in ecb. They're saved as .tga, put in the ecb\Textures folder, and I added them to both lists in the textures.lua exactly as the others.

Now here's my problem: They show up in the list of textures to choose from, but they are either displayed as a previously selected texture (like Perl or Banto) or blank.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CastingBar_AuraBlue.jpg
Views:	718
Size:	5.0 KB
ID:	1088  Click image for larger version

Name:	CastingBar_AuraBW.jpg
Views:	690
Size:	4.5 KB
ID:	1089  
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

03-03-07, 03:19 PM   #2
Fin
An Aku'mai Servant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Seerah
I'm trying to use these textures in ecb. They're saved as .tga, put in the ecb\Textures folder, and I added them to both lists in the textures.lua exactly as the others.

Now here's my problem: They show up in the list of textures to choose from, but they are either displayed as a previously selected texture (like Perl or Banto) or blank.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
You've probably got the alpha channels wrong. This guide tells you exactly what you need to do to prepare TAG files for use in WoW:

- http://www.edowner.net/Texture-Tutorial/

Hope that's the problem; if not good luck figuring out what it is!

cheers,

- Fin
03-03-07, 07:49 PM   #3
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Ooh, I set up alpha channels on my textures that had some transparency, but not on this one. I'll try that and see if it fixes the issue.

Thanks!
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

03-03-07, 10:54 PM   #4
Silverchild
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
wow, really nice textures you got here. If you ever figure it out, mind putting them available for download?
03-03-07, 11:16 PM   #5
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Nope, that didn't work... (I'm using Photoshop Elements, but I already managed to add an alpha layer to another texture to make parts of it transparent in-game...)

I hadn't tried an alpha layer because I was under the impression that you only needed an alpha layer if you wanted transparent areas. I already ported a texture without an alpha layer (the texture this bar I'm working with came from) into WoW and it works fine as a background... When you suggested it, I thought that maybe ecb wanted an alpha layer for it to work. But I guess that isn't the case...

Does anyone else have any ideas?

03-03-07, 11:19 PM   #6
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by Silverchild
wow, really nice textures you got here. If you ever figure it out, mind putting them available for download?
I actually downloaded it from here: http://www.wowtextures.com/

It's the top border of a background panel texture. I thought it would be neat to use that border as the casting bar texture in ecb. I might release this as a skin to my Seerah's Suitcase UI.

03-03-07, 11:24 PM   #7
Silverchild
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
well that would be pretty cool, since I have no clue on how to change it myself.
03-04-07, 04:17 AM   #8
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

Personally I have found that using The GIMP produces .tga files that WoW friendly (this is going from .jpg or .png to .tga). Just save your file (add the .tga extension) and save using The GIMP's default settings.
03-04-07, 04:45 PM   #9
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I could give that a try... Like I said, I cropped that texture from another one that is already being used in the game. The panel (that this is a border on) is being used in my eePanels behind my chat. All I did then is crop it to only show the border so that I could use that in eCastingBar. I'm just confused that the original texture works but what I linked above doesn't... So I was wondering if it had something to do with ecb or whatever....

03-05-07, 04:06 AM   #10
Neuro
A Theradrim Guardian

The problem is that the texture is not a valid texture size. Textures in WOW have to be a power of 2 on each side, i.e. 256x16, 128x32, etc. Yours, that I can see, is 315x30. You'd have to make it 256x32 or something along those lines to make it work.
03-05-07, 10:33 AM   #11
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Aha! I forgot about that!! I'll try it.

03-05-07, 11:01 AM   #12
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Yay! It worked! Here's how it looks so far...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AuraBlue skin.jpg
Views:	702
Size:	161.0 KB
ID:	1090  

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Custom ecb textures...