11-03-08, 05:21 AM   #1
Tornicane
A Defias Bandit
Uninstalling MazzleUI ruined my WoW fonts

So i tried installing MazzleUI, did everything it told me but it didnt work. So i deleted all the files and renames all the ----- Old files back to normal.

But at first when i renamed them there WAS no font file in Program Files/Wow etc. So i created one thinking itd substitute and put nothing in there.

So i did it all and loaded up wow. It didnt work so i thought Oh ok, uninstall and retry. So uninstalled it all and loaded up wow. Now ALL the fonts are different and i dislike it.

So 1. Help with the fonts and 2. Help me install Mazzle correctly on (may be the problem) VISTA!!

P L E A S E
11-03-08, 07:29 AM   #2
Aygen
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

*sigh*

Mazzle had you add fonts to the game.

It is quite obvious that if you uninstall mazzle completely, that the fonts will change.

If you want the fonts you used with mazzle, re-DL it, and put the fonts folder back in.
11-03-08, 12:43 PM   #3
Tornicane
A Defias Bandit
Thats just it, they addded fonts but now I have uninstalled it but they havent gone.
11-03-08, 01:17 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Did you delete the Fonts folder from your wow directory?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

11-03-08, 09:08 PM   #5
Aygen
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
Did you delete the Fonts folder from your wow directory?
^ - This.

Try deleting the Fonts folder, and you should go back to the default fonts for Wow.

Edit: Upon re-reading your old post, Try deleting the Cache folder as well. That sometimes helps clear up many issues and will cause no problems, as the cache is made every time you log into wow.

Last edited by Aygen : 11-03-08 at 09:10 PM.
11-04-08, 08:51 AM   #6
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Actually Mazzle did not come with a Fonts folder, it used Clearfont2 to change the in-game fonts.

If you created a Fonts folder but did not place any fonts with the same names as the fonts WoW uses:
  • ARIALN.ttf
  • FRIZQT__.ttf
  • MORPHEUS.ttf, and
  • skurrri.ttf
then the normal in-game fonts will NOT be overridden. The only time the in-game fonts will be overridden is if WoW finds a font with the exact same name as I have listed above in the World of Warcraft\Fonts folder or if an in-game mod (such as Clearfont) overrides the font.

Last edited by Zyonin : 11-04-08 at 08:57 AM. Reason: Typos FTL!
11-04-08, 10:34 AM   #7
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
It used a Fonts folder also. ClearFont2 cannot change everything without taint.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Uninstalling MazzleUI ruined my WoW fonts