08-11-16, 11:14 AM   #41
Mordralis
An Aku'mai Servant

Finally Working!

Ok, don't know if Rythal did a tweak, or if I found the issue...but Carbonite now works great in my garrison with NO lag!!!

I noticed that one of the posters said the version used in Curse was not a good copy, and to use only the one from github. So, I deleted all the Carbonite folders from Interface/Addons, unzipped the latest version from github, copied the folders in the Carbonite Master to Addons folder. When I logged in to WoW, I tested it on 5 characters - and it was working beautifully!

I noticed that the version showing from Carbonite is v 7.0.3, while the version from github is 7.0.0. Not sure where the extra update to v7 came from in Curse, but it obviously is what was causing my problems.

Thanks guys for your patience with me on this.
08-12-16, 02:59 AM   #42
dvantassel11
A Cyclonian
Lag

I found the lag issue in the Garrison seem to get better when I stopped loading Carbonite Quests
08-12-16, 06:54 AM   #43
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by dvantassel11 View Post
I found the lag issue in the Garrison seem to get better when I stopped loading Carbonite Quests
There is setting in Carbonite Quest module that effects performance, set this value to higher then LAG should get lower:

09-09-16, 08:39 PM   #44
Matjacav
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by ircdirk View Post
There is setting in Carbonite Quest module that effects performance, set this value to higher then LAG should get lower:

That doesn't really affect FPS much. Not in my experience, at least.

I usually keep the Carbonite map open on the left side of my screen. If I close it by clicking the Carbonite minimap button, the FPS stutter immediately disappears. I don't have to disable any part of the addon.

Hope that may help as well.

Edit: Just to add some info, I'm using v7.3

Last edited by Matjacav : 09-09-16 at 08:42 PM. Reason: Additional info
09-12-16, 11:34 AM   #45
Fizgig1973
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
That setting didn't do anything for me. With no addons but Carbonite (without the quest module) enabled I am around 80-90fps, as soon as I enable the Quest module I drop to 50-53fps.

FPS stays around the same even with all other addons enabled. It's only the quest module that is causing the massive loss (at least for me).
09-12-16, 12:38 PM   #46
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
If you load the latest from github it should be fixed, or so people are reporting. It's not on curse/wowI yet as I need to finish adding world quests, right now in this version they don't display any longer on the map.
09-12-16, 02:41 PM   #47
Fizgig1973
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Sounds great. Will check it out now.

Thanks for all the hard work.
09-12-16, 11:30 PM   #48
Fizgig1973
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
New problem now...game will not play with Carbonite Quests enabled. Can't finish logging in, the game just freezes upon entering the world. Tried reinstalling Carb for the latest github entry, different accounts, different toons, different computers, no addons but carbonite enabled, deleted all settings, reinstalled wtf and interface folders, etc...the whole nine yards. Seems I'm not the only person having this problem unfortunately.
09-13-16, 03:31 AM   #49
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Fizgig1973 View Post
New problem now...game will not play with Carbonite Quests enabled. Can't finish logging in, the game just freezes upon entering the world. Tried reinstalling Carb for the latest github entry, different accounts, different toons, different computers, no addons but carbonite enabled, deleted all settings, reinstalled wtf and interface folders, etc...the whole nine yards. Seems I'm not the only person having this problem unfortunately.
Try using Carb from this link https://github.com/mikepauer/Carboni...3abd3a29ce.zip this is before latest Rythal commit with makes some kind of problems and need to be fixed. This version loads good for me.
09-13-16, 07:25 AM   #50
qlesz
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
wow client crash

I've downloaded newest carbonite rep from github (13.09 9:03 AM GMT) and as soon as i log in to the game the game client freezes. I have to disable carbonite on character screen then log in to the game and then enable it to make it running. I've done some research and look like carbonite quest module causing it (game load fine with quest module off). I've disabled all addons and left carbonite only to make sure it's not caused by other addon. So the only option to make game client load without freeze is to disable quest module and load it after you in the game.

ed1: Funny thing it not happening on my alt i had just started legion. I was in old continent when logged in and no freeze at all. So i've checked another toon with legion experience but on early stage and i've got no problems on that toon either. The only one with freezes seem to be the one witch has world quests unlocked.

Last edited by qlesz : 09-13-16 at 12:18 PM.
09-13-16, 07:55 AM   #51
BomSquad
A Murloc Raider
Game Client Freezes on Logon

I am having the issue where if Carbonite is enabled on logging into a character the game client freezes. If I disable Carbonite Quests, all works fine.

Carbonite 7.3 B118

Last edited by BomSquad : 09-13-16 at 07:57 AM.
09-13-16, 08:26 AM   #52
Fizgig1973
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Try using Carb from this link https://github.com/mikepauer/Carboni...3abd3a29ce.zip this is before latest Rythal commit with makes some kind of problems and need to be fixed. This version loads good for me.
That's the verision I was using before that was causing the massive FPS loss (which I ended up disabling to play).

For the time being I am back to not using the quest module.

Thanks for your assistance though.
09-13-16, 08:37 AM   #53
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Fizgig1973 View Post
That's the verision I was using before that was causing the massive FPS loss (which I ended up disabling to play).

For the time being I am back to not using the quest module.

Thanks for your assistance though.
Nope thats version with FPS fix, but before WoW freeze commit.
09-13-16, 01:17 PM   #54
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by qlesz View Post
I've downloaded newest carbonite rep from github (13.09 9:03 AM GMT) and as soon as i log in to the game the game client freezes. I have to disable carbonite on character screen then log in to the game and then enable it to make it running. I've done some research and look like carbonite quest module causing it (game load fine with quest module off). I've disabled all addons and left carbonite only to make sure it's not caused by other addon. So the only option to make game client load without freeze is to disable quest module and load it after you in the game.

ed1: Funny thing it not happening on my alt i had just started legion. I was in old continent when logged in and no freeze at all. So i've checked another toon with legion experience but on early stage and i've got no problems on that toon either. The only one with freezes seem to be the one witch has world quests unlocked.
Issue resolved. Download latest version from GitHub (link in my signature) and please confirm if it works for u.
09-13-16, 07:34 PM   #55
Fizgig1973
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Issue resolved. Download latest version from GitHub (link in my signature) and please confirm if it works for u.
So far so good. Even with all addons enabled I'm averaging 90fps. Great work!
09-13-16, 10:43 PM   #56
dvantassel11
A Cyclonian
I downloaded the latest version now I have to reloadui to get the quest list to refresh. New quests don't show and existing quests are not updated. For example 9/15 Naval Mission complete, complete 3 it still says 9/15, after a reloadui it says 12/15. As far as quests not showing I was on some Order Hall quests for my Monk. I would accept the next quest and it would not show in the quest list until a reloadui.
09-14-16, 12:44 AM   #57
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by dvantassel11 View Post
I downloaded the latest version now I have to reloadui to get the quest list to refresh. New quests don't show and existing quests are not updated. For example 9/15 Naval Mission complete, complete 3 it still says 9/15, after a reloadui it says 12/15. As far as quests not showing I was on some Order Hall quests for my Monk. I would accept the next quest and it would not show in the quest list until a reloadui.
This is issue that we know of already... please wait for fix.
09-14-16, 03:30 PM   #58
qlesz
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
It look like its working ok now ty
09-14-16, 11:47 PM   #59
Matjacav
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
If you load the latest from github it should be fixed, or so people are reporting. It's not on curse/wowI yet as I need to finish adding world quests, right now in this version they don't display any longer on the map.
You know, the odd thing is that I hadn't updated and it seemed to go away. I'll update anyway, of course, but I'll keep an eye out for anything else.

On a side note, I noticed that the Legion flight path to Dalaran links to the Northrend Dalaran. Would you like a separate post, Rythal?
09-15-16, 02:39 AM   #60
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Matjacav View Post
You know, the odd thing is that I hadn't updated and it seemed to go away. I'll update anyway, of course, but I'll keep an eye out for anything else.

On a side note, I noticed that the Legion flight path to Dalaran links to the Northrend Dalaran. Would you like a separate post, Rythal?
Recent github version of Carb is litte buggy (quests doesnt record to quest log, read here: https://github.com/mikepauer/Carbonite/issues/507).

For Flight Path better make issue on GitHub then separate thread here

Last edited by ircdirk : 09-15-16 at 03:24 AM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite: Maps (Main AddOn) » Lag when Carbonite is EnAbled