05-24-12, 09:21 PM   #1
Gregity
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Addons Open Yet in MoP?

Hi y'all. I have the MoP beta up and running and the AddOns button is there, and I can see my AddOn in the list if I place it in the AddOns Folder.

However it is red and shows "Insecure".

Is there a different set of keys that unlocks beta AddOn ability? I note the keys giveaway for AddOn Authors (I qualify) and that got me to wondering if I'm just using the wrong key or some such?

Enlighten me, said the grasshopper

-g

05-24-12, 10:36 PM   #2
Coote
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Originally Posted by Gregity View Post
Is there a different set of keys that unlocks beta AddOn ability?
Yes, but only us cool kids have them.

All jokes aside, no, addons have not been enabled on the beta servers yet, but they likely will be soon™.

"This is the fifteen-thousandth four hundredth and ninety-eighth occurence".

05-25-12, 07:00 PM   #3
Sinaris
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

official there is no way to get the addons working. but there is an exe file to enable the addons onto the beta server.
i didnt tested it but it seems to work.

05-25-12, 07:13 PM   #4
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Isn't that exe an exploit? I thought we weren't allowed to talk about that type of thing here. Did I miss something?

05-25-12, 07:38 PM   #5
Nobgul
A Molten Giant

As far as i know it is a exploit and I would ask that anyone else reading this thread refrain from talking about it. As we are a official fan site we follow the wow TOS and EULA.

05-25-12, 08:25 PM   #6
Sinaris
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

I dont say you have to use it. I am an author and i can wait for activation the addons. other people can not.
So. I think they will allow addons with the next 2 or 3 patches onto the beta realms.

05-25-12, 09:01 PM   #7
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
End of story, hacks/exploits will not be tolerated. Whether you are telling people to use them, or just providing information. Locking the thread now.

Blizzard will enable AddOns when they feel that their stock UI has been tested enough. As of right now, it's not even complete.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Archived Beta Forums » MoP Beta archived threads » Addons Open Yet in MoP?