03-11-18, 09:14 PM   #1
bushkanaka86
A Defias Bandit
Script to see Hidden Aura?

Hey,

I'm working with the WoW secrets community to try and see if there is another secret out there and I need to be able to test if I have an aura on and didn't know if someone knew how to do that?

This spell: Set Self to Deathwarder Phase

ID is 207287

I want to be able to see if I have the aura before attacking the Obsidian Deathwarder, while fighting him, or after I kill him. So if I can just run it multiple times, that would be great!

Thanks!
03-11-18, 09:38 PM   #2
Tim
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It's pretty simple.. Make a WeakAura and have the icon show if you have the buff.
Battle Tag: Mysterio#11164
Current PC Setup: PCPartPicker List
03-12-18, 12:03 AM   #3
bushkanaka86
A Defias Bandit
So I've never made a weak aura before. Is it pretty easy or do I need some programming knowledge?

Also, can weakaura find hidden buffs?
03-12-18, 09:19 AM   #4
semlar
A Pyroguard Emberseer

You can't track an aura that doesn't show up on your character, the api doesn't return information about it.

Often a hidden quest will be marked as complete when you perform a one-time action that needs to be tracked by the server, which can be checked using IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(questID) if you can identify its quest ID.
03-12-18, 09:37 AM   #5
Kanegasi
A Molten Giant

Actually, some auras can be seen even if they aren’t shown. For example, the turtle boss in Throne of Thunder gives you the kick shell ability through a debuff. Addons see the debuff applied but it doesn’t show.
03-13-18, 12:06 PM   #6
semlar
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
Actually, some auras can be seen even if they aren’t shown. For example, the turtle boss in Throne of Thunder gives you the kick shell ability through a debuff. Addons see the debuff applied but it doesn’t show.
If you think the api can return information about a buff that doesn't display on your character then you should explain how it's done, since that's what this post is asking.

Last edited by semlar : 03-13-18 at 12:11 PM.
03-13-18, 05:50 PM   #7
d87
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by semlar View Post
If you think the api can return information about a buff that doesn't display on your character then you should explain how it's done, since that's what this post is asking.
SPELL_AURA_APPLIED / REMOVED event on combat log sometimes shows spells that aren't present in buff/debuff slots. For example spells like distract or when some kind of thing is spawned by player.
That is probably what he's talking about.

Still the OP's spell is very unlikely to be there, seems like something internal.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Script to see Hidden Aura?