05-27-09, 02:28 PM   #1
barcharcraz
A Murloc Raider
About that auctioneer...

as soon as I download auctioneer and restart Minion it seems to disappear from the list of installed addons, anyone know why or having a similar problem?
05-27-09, 02:30 PM   #2
ArgentSun
A Murloc Raider

Premium Member
Something else about Auctioneer - when I was trying to update it, the Minion automatically opened the addon page in my Firefox. It's the only addon that has resulted in such action so far.
05-27-09, 03:19 PM   #3
BelowZeroAK
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by barcharcraz View Post
as soon as I download auctioneer and restart Minion it seems to disappear from the list of installed addons, anyone know why or having a similar problem?
Mine showed up as Stubby which I think is the core for Auctioneer.
05-27-09, 03:53 PM   #4
Zaydok
An Aku'mai Servant
It probably has something to do with the amount of updates/changes that were made to Auctioneer's file directory. When you view the official page for the new version it recommends completely removing the old files before installing the new ones.
05-27-09, 04:12 PM   #5
barcharcraz
A Murloc Raider
I think stubby is just a supporting addon to help Broker Auctioneer do something relating to LoD
05-27-09, 04:41 PM   #6
clayton6870
A Murloc Raider

Same thing happened to me. My whole Auctioneer Suite disappeared after updating. it also happened to my Atlas.
05-27-09, 04:46 PM   #7
barcharcraz
A Murloc Raider
my atlas if fine, it is called Atlas by Dan Gilbert here how odd
05-27-09, 04:48 PM   #8
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
The "by X" is us including the author name(s) as well as the addon name.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
05-28-09, 01:08 PM   #9
barcharcraz
A Murloc Raider
So is it just that Stubby is what auctioneer is displayed as or is there an actual problem?
05-28-09, 02:47 PM   #10
clayton6870
A Murloc Raider

Stubby is a module that works with the auctioneer suite. Mine works fine although it does not show in my Minion anymore.
05-28-09, 02:49 PM   #11
clayton6870
A Murloc Raider

I was having problems so I deleted all my addons and search through Minion for them again. Figured this would help with the multiple source problem people were having. So far I found out this:

Fubar Plugins not found with minion but are on WoWI:
Friendsfu
Guildfu
garbageFu
ToFu

Fubar Plugins not on WoWI:
SwitcherFu
XperlFu

Closed and Reran Minion and the following Addons were not present in the MInion list but are availible on WowI:
Atlas
Auctioneer Suite
Cartographer (core)
durabilityFu
FriendsFu
GuildFu
MoneyFu
QuestsFu
Gatherer (core)
05-29-09, 05:54 AM   #12
break19
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by clayton6870 View Post
I was having problems so I deleted all my addons and search through Minion for them again. Figured this would help with the multiple source problem people were having. So far I found out this:

Fubar Plugins not found with minion but are on WoWI:
Friendsfu
Guildfu
garbageFu
ToFu

Fubar Plugins not on WoWI:
SwitcherFu
XperlFu

Closed and Reran Minion and the following Addons were not present in the MInion list but are availible on WowI:
Atlas
Auctioneer Suite
Cartographer (core)
durabilityFu
FriendsFu
GuildFu
MoneyFu
QuestsFu
Gatherer (core)
Pay CLOSE attention, and you'll notice there are new addons in your list that -represent- at least auctioneer and gatherer, they're using folder names to represent addons, instead of the titles they have on wowi
05-29-09, 02:14 PM   #13
Nechckn
Premium Member

Premium Member
Featured
Folks,

Had an entire post, then went to run the spell checker and, since it was the first time, it ate it.... so, this will be brief.

Stubby is a "required dependency" and is needed if you want to run Auctioneer.

What could be contributing to the issue is that the Auctioneer Suite is actually a bundle of AddOns that all come together to produce what you see on the other end. We keep the number of separate AddOns as small as possible, embedding where we are able, but things like the statistic files are quite large and were they not in their own "AddOns' with their own Saved Variables, you would quickly pass the WoW Lua cap and end up with empty files- something that is no fun.

We actually have a custom Minion Module on the way that will allow you to pick and choose various parts of the Auctioneer Suite, if you do not need one part or another. No real ETA, but it will be released once it has been coded and tested.

Hopefully that provides some insight. Know that Shirik is hard at work quashing bugs and such, so surely the issue(s) will be resolved as soon as humanly possible. The community is lucky to have such a smart cookie on the case!

Happy Sales,

Nikk
05-29-09, 05:40 PM   #14
wanderingDrummer
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Nechckn View Post
[font=Times New Roman]
We actually have a custom Minion Module on the way that will allow you to pick and choose various parts of the Auctioneer Suite, if you do not need one part or another. No real ETA, but it will be released once it has been coded and tested.
Thanks for the info Nechckn, I'm looking forward to that module
05-30-09, 06:47 AM   #15
break19
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Nechckn View Post
Folks,
<snip>
<snip>
<tease> Hopefully it won't take as long to reach "release" status as auctioneer itself does? </tease>

All teasing aside, great work norgteam.

break19

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Minion » Archive » About that auctioneer...