03-18-12, 01:42 PM   #1
UccsGMIInterface
A Murloc Raider
Looking for UI Submissions [Research Project]

Greetings!

I am a student at UCCS and am currently taking a graduate course in virtual reality. I am looking for UIs I can use in a study on what, if any, influence does gender have in UI and control layout.

I am looking for people willing to let me post their UI in a future forum post to get feedback on. I will be using my own UI as well, but I definitely need a spread of UIs that I can post as well to get the best feedback.

Specifically, please link "soloing" UIs. I do not want to clutter the paper with preferences regarding raiding vs pvp, tank vs heals vs dps etc at this time.

To submit, please post a link in this thread, or email me at [email protected]. Please include whether you are male or female. All images will be credited (in my paper), either to whomever posts it, or to the email it came from.

If you would like to be credited (in my paper) in a specific way (i.e. by name, or by a different character name, or a character if submitted via email) please include that information as well. Also, I will not be crediting users in my upcoming post unless you specifically request it to maintain privacy.

To learn more about UCCS:
http://www.uccs.edu/students/

To learn more about the Games and Media Integration Consortium:
http://www.cs.uccs.edu/~semwal/MICL/...rtium_Info.pdf

*****IMPORTANT SECURITY INFORMATION*****

Blizzard will NEVER ask for your account information. Keep account names and passwords safe and never give them out to anyone.
If you submit via email, I highly suggest you use an email that is not associated with your WoW or personal email accounts.
If posting a link, consider creating a separate account on Photobucket/Flickr/whatever that is not linked to your WoW or personal email accounts.
Consider taking the screenshot on an alt to protect the identity of your main to avoid possible harassment.
All character names will be blurred out when I use them in my paper to protect privacy.
03-19-12, 11:51 PM   #2
kaels
A Cyclonian
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hi! I'm a healer, so a solo screenshot would be kind of silly because...well, I don't solo. My whole UI's built aroudn the raidframe. Here's a raid screenshot. If you pretend the raid window's not there, that's basically what it would look like if I weren't in a raid.

Do you need any additional information? Labels?

Oh, and credit me as Kaels.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_021312_212948.jpg
Views:	853
Size:	455.4 KB
ID:	6823  

Last edited by kaels : 03-19-12 at 11:53 PM.
03-20-12, 10:10 AM   #3
UccsGMIInterface
A Murloc Raider
Thank you so much! However, as you're only person to post (I needed about 5) here or on the WoW UI forum, I may be changing over to a new project unless I get more posts in the next few hours.
03-20-12, 12:53 PM   #4
lerb
A Frostmaul Preserver

Here's my UI.

It's a dps UI aimed at raiding, although I'm using it on my tank aswell and it works great. But I wouldn't recommend it for healing

I'm a 23 year old male, and if you'll toss out credit then use the name Lerb.

Last edited by lerb : 03-20-12 at 02:14 PM.
03-20-12, 01:55 PM   #5
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I am a 58 year old male, and here are two of my characters UI. Notice that they are almost identical, as are all of the UI's for my 36 characters. I think I have all of the Horde races, and a few of the Alliance races, but all of the classes (obviously, a few times over). I don't PVP or Raid, simply because my 3 year old HP laptops graphics (crappy Microsoft integrated graphics) won't handle it. I only do instances solo for the same reason.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tanreal UI.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	355.4 KB
ID:	6824 Click image for larger version

Name:	OrctalesUI.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	244.2 KB
ID:	6825

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

Last edited by jeffy162 : 03-20-12 at 01:59 PM.
03-20-12, 02:07 PM   #6
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by kaels View Post
Do you need any additional information?
The original post clearly states that he needs to know whether you are male or female, because his entire project is centered around looking for differences in how male and female players set up their UIs.
03-20-12, 03:14 PM   #7
UccsGMIInterface
A Murloc Raider
Thank you all!

Kaels, I do need your gender.
I have enough submissions now. Please watch for my upcoming survey!!

WoWInterface » General Discussion » General WoW Chat » Looking for UI Submissions [Research Project]