12-23-18, 12:04 AM   #1
Zaghar
A Murloc Raider
Can't click "Complete Quest" button.

I've noticed that since the most recent update on the Quest Module through the Curse/Twitch client, I can not click the Complete Quest button. If I disable the quest module everything seems to work fine.
12-23-18, 12:55 AM   #2
Meganbtoo
An Aku'mai Servant
Quest handin failure

Exactly the same. WQ are fine, but even handing in Emissary quests fail, unselect Carbonite quests, /reload, Hand In. select quests /reload 6 times (^ 120s atm) is a pain.
12-23-18, 08:31 AM   #3
eudaimon
A Defias Bandit
Same here. Interestingly, works fine on my low level alts, but not on my main.

I can't understand the lua error, but it seems to fail due to comparing to a "nil" value.

Edit: I should add, definitely a Carbonite Quests issue, I've disabled everything else and it still won't turn in.
12-23-18, 09:23 AM   #4
Kanegasi
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I would like to share my experience with another addon that caused this issue. Blizzard changed how GetAchievementCriteriaInfo() returns data, a third argument is needed to get hidden criteria. The dumb part is that it throws an error if there’s no “unhidden” criteria or any criteria at all at that index and stops any processing in that thread.

The addon I experienced this with was Wowhead_Looter. They had a function that recorded achievement info hooked to the complete quest function. When you tried to complete a quest, the achievement info thread errored, preventing the quest complete.
12-23-18, 04:05 PM   #5
J_Visuvius
A Defias Bandit

Recently a mini zone around key NPCs has been added, where other players disappear from the screen, allowing you to approach the NPC and still see him/her without dozens of mounts in the way. Not all NPCs have this bubble, and the Quest turn in has also not worked for me on non-emissary quests, but I belive these NPCs also have this bubble.

It seems to me, but not knowing for certain, that the NPCs that have this bubble of player invisibility around them are also the ones that I cannot turn in quests into. Which typically are the Emissary turn ins, but not exclusively.

/Shrug?
12-24-18, 06:05 AM   #6
eudaimon
A Defias Bandit
I can't turn in any quest with my main, I've been back to old content and checked. Low level alts can turn in the same quest.

My guess, due to the lua error refering to a "nil" value, is that there is some quest or other that isn't in the database properly (maybe the emissary quests?) so when you try to turn in any quest, the turn in procedure is getting stuck. Obivously not a common problem to everyone though, as there are only a handful of us posting here. Still would like a comment from the dev team.
12-24-18, 10:31 AM   #7
Meganbtoo
An Aku'mai Servant
Not just emissary. I did warfront quest this morning and when I came out I could not hand it n until I had disabled carbonite quest. Happened 6 times, for all my 120s. A pain.
12-24-18, 11:32 AM   #8
R_OReilly
An Aku'mai Servant
For me it's random. I can usually get it to work again after /reload but that's not great when you have multiple quests to turn in and each one bugs out like this. Turning off Quests I no longer have the problem.
12-26-18, 03:05 PM   #9
eudaimon
A Defias Bandit
Confirmed the same problem as the post below. Hotfix in the Github version fixes it.
12-27-18, 03:14 AM   #10
Meganbtoo
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by eudaimon View Post
Confirmed the same problem as the post below. Hotfix in the Github version fixes it.
How do you do that please
12-27-18, 09:59 AM   #11
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Update to latest Alpha relase in Curse/Twitch client.
12-27-18, 10:28 PM   #12
Meganbtoo
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by ircdirk View Post
Update to latest Alpha relase in Curse/Twitch client.
Seems to be working fine after Twitch update. Thanks to all involved. Have been using Carbonite since it first started out, when it was a subscription service, and I am a tad lost without it.
Happy New Year to all.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite: Quests Module » Can't click "Complete Quest" button.