02-19-11, 10:51 AM   #1
tgorr87
A Defias Bandit
For Mac

Ok i downloaded nui+ for my mac and followed the installation process and used the correct WoW folder but for some reason it isnt working... i do have curse as well do i have to uninstall curse? and how do i try to restart?

02-19-11, 12:24 PM   #2
Chmee
A Molten Giant
That you have a mac shouldn't make any difference. That you have curse shouldn't either - although perhaps you ought to see about getting decursed.

Make sure you install the addon while WoW is not running. Make sure that, if necessary, the "load out of date addons" button is checked in the addons panel at login (I don't think that's necessary with nui, but check it anyway). Make sure you're not using any other mods that do the same things nui does (bar mods, unit frames, etc.).

When you log in, you should get a notice in general chat that nui is loaded. I gather you're not getting that. I do wonder what, precisely, "not working" means.

02-19-11, 03:46 PM   #3
tgorr87
A Defias Bandit
sorry i really should elaborate. by not working i literally mean it isnt even recognized. it doesnt even show up at log in my toon screen or when i log in. seriously nothing. i am going to decurse my self as u so nicely put and then hopefully try again. i really want it cause i hate the default ui

02-19-11, 04:37 PM   #4
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Okay, take a look at your addon folder, wherever it is on the Mac, and see what the folder name is for nUI. It should be just nUI. If it is anything else then somehow it didn't install right. If it has a bunch of numbers etc like a version number then go into that folder and you should see a nUI folder .. that is the one that needs to be in the addon folder.

To visually see what I mean .. this is what the path to the toc should be for nUI.
AddOns/nUI/nUI.toc

02-19-11, 10:00 PM   #5
Chmee
A Molten Giant
I would add that when you open the nUI folder, if it's the right one it will have the nui.toc file right there. If it isn't right there (and it can't be deeper in the folder structure) there's a problem.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Customization » nUI: Plugin Support » For Mac