10-01-08, 04:54 PM   #1061
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Narind View Post
I recently downloaded nUI and I really like it. I didn't have much time to test it out, but one thing I did see that could be a deal breaker for me to use it is the fact there isn't a prowl bar. I use prowl quite a bit and was wondering if/when there would be a bar swap for prowl.

Keep up the great work you're doing!
Narind --

At present Bliz does not support a unique prowl bar. I'm not sure yet what changes, if any, there may be in that regard in 3.0 -- In any event, at present, nUI's main action bar is a functional copy of the Bliz action bar and therefore it is problematic to include unsupported custom action bars. That will change in the not-to-distant future however.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

10-01-08, 04:56 PM   #1062
Tehryn
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
MediEonar -- if Fubar docked to the top of the display (not free floating) and is it the full width of the display?
The other day I unchecked 'Use UI Scale' in WoW (just for the hell of it lol) and found that the top (and only) Fubar panel was shortened by about...umm... 1/5 or so.

To fix it I created a new panel, shifted the fubar addons onto it and then deleted the original panel. Maybe not an elegant solution, but it worked.

"Slight variations in spelling and grammar may have been added in order to enhance this post's individual character and beauty, and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects"
[0x81BEB11E]

10-01-08, 05:05 PM   #1063
mscott998
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
is there a quick fix for the minimap causing some of the actuon bars next to it not to be clickable. i looked in the code and tried a few things but nothing seemed to work

and thanks for the kelp on swapping the nui extra bars and the faction rep, xp bar.. the only issue now is that the map prevent the bottom 3 and the left 3 buttons unclickable. works fine with the other panels selected just not with the minimap panel.

10-02-08, 12:39 AM   #1064
gothicknight
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Scott, will u be adding support for Recount2 as well as other various Damge and threat meters, givin users more options to which the prefer to use.

Awsome work mate. Thanx heaps. Hope your new job is going well for you

10-02-08, 08:08 AM   #1065
Narind
A Defias Bandit

Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
Narind --

At present Bliz does not support a unique prowl bar. I'm not sure yet what changes, if any, there may be in that regard in 3.0 -- In any event, at present, nUI's main action bar is a functional copy of the Bliz action bar and therefore it is problematic to include unsupported custom action bars. That will change in the not-to-distant future however.
Thanks for the reply. Keep on doin what you're doin!

10-02-08, 11:59 AM   #1066
Jungleanimal
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Tuned Raid UI

Well, I thought I would post a screenshot of how I use nUI along with other mods for raiding (with the absence of raid frames being built in yet). This is an in combat shot of the Suprmeus fight in Black Temple from the other night. Nothing special to report really, just thought I would show people how I use nUI with BigWigs, SCT, sRaidframes, Ora2, and others as my additional raiding mods.

10-02-08, 06:59 PM   #1067
javish
A Murloc Raider

Been using nUI for the last 2 days and I love it. Keep up the good work. Today I was moving some of my skills and I got one that I can't move it. It won't even show the tooltip when I hover the mouse over it. It's the 3rd button in the bar that is at the lower right side. I reloaded the interface, logged off, exit the game and I can't remove it from there. Here's a screenshot, it's Aspect of the Viper at the right side of the minimap button.

Also, is there a way to lock the bars so I don't drag skills/macros off the bars when I click them?

10-02-08, 08:08 PM   #1068
whereswaldo
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by javish View Post
Also, is there a way to lock the bars so I don't drag skills/macros off the bars when I click them?
To lock the bars, just go into the standard Blizzard menus (hit the ESC key), select Interface and then Action Bars. Check off the box that says "Lock Action Bars".

10-02-08, 09:35 PM   #1069
javish
A Murloc Raider

Thanks

Regarding the Aspect of the Viper icon I was trying to move, I finally moved it by clicking the minimap button. As soon as I changed it to something else, the icon got freed. If I put it back and clicked the button until minimap is selected then I couldn't move it again. I had that bar full and I could remove them all but that one.

10-02-08, 11:11 PM   #1070
Kodewulf
Premium Member

Premium Member
My current UI. Using nUI, ArkInventory, TourGuide, SimpleBuffBars, QuestGuru and a few others.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_100308_150605.jpg
Views:	611
Size:	437.7 KB
ID:	1951  

10-03-08, 04:12 AM   #1071
trezy
A Cliff Giant
since everyones posting their setup thought I'd post mine.

Here's out of combat:

And here's in combat:

I'm currently using the following additional addons:
Autobar
QuestGuru
Coconuts
MiniPet
SmartBuff
Clique+Grid
TBag
Buffalo

Theres more, but those are the major ones.
Huge fan of nUI can't wait for more.

10-03-08, 04:55 AM   #1072
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Talking Thanks to everyone for their support!

A quick hit-and-run post before I head off to work this morning... I wanted to thank everyone for their support of nUI which now appears to be the highest rated mod on Curse.com (see attached screencap)... http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/default.aspx

Thank you one and all!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	curse.com.jpg
Views:	577
Size:	285.5 KB
ID:	1952  

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

10-03-08, 11:11 AM   #1073
kyzgar
A Kobold Labourer
Awesome!

nUI is awesome - truly awesome. I have unloaded a ton of AddOns and replaced it with just one. Sure there are one or two things that don't suit everybody but on balance - WOW (What Outstanding Work!)

My tuppence worth on future considerations (take ém or leave ém) would be to consider (1) Aggro gain / loss (so good for tanks) like XPerl gives you (2) right-click self cast (3) option for panel to be semi-transparent - you might find it goes a long way to appeasing all those minimalists ;-)

Awesome AddOn tho - keep developing it it's great

10-03-08, 12:05 PM   #1074
geldoff
A Kobold Labourer
UI bug or some help pls

The bagbar is currently abouve the main display for the minimap and map views in the upper left side. First how do i move the bag bar, secondly only in minimap display it will not allow me to access my bags, in the other displays its fine.

10-03-08, 12:54 PM   #1075
iljott
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Originally Posted by geldoff View Post
The bagbar is currently abouve the main display for the minimap and map views in the upper left side. First how do i move the bag bar, secondly only in minimap display it will not allow me to access my bags, in the other displays its fine.
"/nui movers"

Just read the help in "/nui"

10-03-08, 03:09 PM   #1076
Doc-vicious
A Kobold Labourer
Hey, found Nui recently, and I've been really happy with it, but whenever I use it, my nui looks nothing like in the screenshots I see. Mine isnt displaying my party down at the bottom, nor is my map where it should be over on the right side, instead it's clumbisly placed in the center, and even covers some of my action bars. Help?

10-03-08, 03:45 PM   #1077
Tehryn
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

Originally Posted by Doc-vicious View Post
Hey, found Nui recently, and I've been really happy with it, but whenever I use it, my nui looks nothing like in the screenshots I see. Mine isnt displaying my party down at the bottom, nor is my map where it should be over on the right side, instead it's clumbisly placed in the center, and even covers some of my action bars. Help?
Make sure you don't have any addons active that may interfere with nUI, such as a minimap addon.

"Slight variations in spelling and grammar may have been added in order to enhance this post's individual character and beauty, and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects"
[0x81BEB11E]

10-03-08, 05:45 PM   #1078
mscott998
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Originally Posted by Doc-vicious View Post

Check and make sure you have Nui beta 2 installed, Beta 1 had the minimap in the center.

10-03-08, 06:38 PM   #1079
fred
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Just wondering if anyone has added this yet?

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...nt-threat.aspx

If used, will it work like KLH?

10-04-08, 03:41 AM   #1080
SirWilliam92
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by geldoff View Post

I've had the same problem.. and i figured it out thanks to an occasional bug i get... As seen in the attached image, the top bar of the minimap still actaully exsists, it's just normally hiddern... bar showing in this screenshot is obviously a bug.

Note how i've actually moved the button bag bar up a little, so that i can still access it. Normally, it would be sitting right inside that bar, and be unaccessable.

Sorry to say, i've no idea how i made it re-appear this time.. but it does explain something i guess.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Minimap bug.JPG
Views:	580
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	1953  

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » nUI -- A full feature standalone UI replacement