10-06-08, 02:40 PM   #1
WeeBaby
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Few questions for the experts

Just have a few questions for those willing to answer. Hopefully I don't create to much of a debate.

1. I just rolled a new Troll Shaman and my goal with this toon is to do ALL possible quests in any given area. I know there are plenty of addons to help with questing when you get the quest, but is there some sort of addon to allow you to browse ALL the possible quests in a given area with locations of quest givers?

2. I have never played a shaman before and was wondering what my best options are for weapons/talent tree, etc for someone who solos alot

3. I am struggling figuring out the whole reputation thing with my 70 NE Hunter. I am honored with Aldor and am stuck at 5999/6000 rep with The Sha'tar and although I have researched how the whole rep thing works I can't quite figure out how to get over the hump with The Sha'tar. Am I missing quests? Not finding the right person to turn stuff into or turning it in to the right person?

4. I use Dominos and can't quite figure out how or if I can set it up so each toon can use it's own with out it affecting the layout of another

Thanks for all your input! I truly appreciate any of you taking the time to read and respond to my questions.

10-06-08, 03:06 PM   #2
Vyper
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by WeeBaby View Post
Just have a few questions for those willing to answer. Hopefully I don't create to much of a debate.

1. I just rolled a new Troll Shaman and my goal with this toon is to do ALL possible quests in any given area. I know there are plenty of addons to help with questing when you get the quest, but is there some sort of addon to allow you to browse ALL the possible quests in a given area with locations of quest givers?

2. I have never played a shaman before and was wondering what my best options are for weapons/talent tree, etc for someone who solos alot
For 1, I think MobMap can do what your asking.
2. I personally prefer enhancement... maces/staves/whatever 2h offers the best dmg at the time, until 40, where you dual wield maces. Never found shields useful for a shammy.
10-06-08, 04:21 PM   #3
rodrick
An Aku'mai Servant
For 3 see this site: http://www.wowjuju.com/index.php?page=6

For 4, not sure if Dominoes uses a profile system or not since I don't personally use it (more than likely it does) but check to see if your characters are setup to use the default profile or the character specific one.
10-06-08, 05:03 PM   #4
WeeBaby
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

So from what I am able to figure out from WoWJuJu, my only way to raise rep with The Sha'tar is to do the instances. Hmm, ok well that answers that question.

I know MobMap will help with finding certain mobs to kill but it lists NPC's that give quests as well? I didn't realize that. The main reason I want something that does it, is that while it is easy to find the quest giver in a town/city/FP area, it always seems there are a few quests givers in various far flung and hidden areas of a zone. Those are the ones I want to find.

Thanks again for your responses and dare I say I look forward to seeing miore input on these subjects.

10-06-08, 05:04 PM   #5
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

1. EveryQuest might be what you're looking for as in-game solutions go (not a user myself)

3. Reputation turnins (some of them) have reputation level cap.
That is they continue to give reputation only up to a level (be it honored, revered or x rep point through a standing).
What this means is that x item that "gives reputation up to honored" will stop giving at 5999/6000,
and not at 6001 as one might assume, reputation doesn't spill over.
Your only option at that point is to run an instance that gives reputation into the next reputation standing, or do a quest (quests give reputation all the way to exalted).

For Sha'tar specifically the spillover from Aldor (or Scryer if you're aligned with them)
stops at the end of honored.
To cross over to revered you need to run one of the tempest keep dungeons, or find a Sha'tar quest that you've skipped and do it.
10-06-08, 05:31 PM   #6
WeeBaby
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Dridzt, That is the perfect explanation the rep thing and I really appreciate it!

I will try out EveryQuest

10-06-08, 10:21 PM   #7
Psychoshamoo
A Defias Bandit
Here's a screenshot of how to do the bar changes for Dominos.

Use the save button and it will be set to that profile, and when you want to switch to a different one click the set button on that character to change. For example my warrior uses default, and my rogue Meleegolas uses a different bar setup, so on my rogue I would click set on Dominos to use that profile after I have already saved it.
10-07-08, 12:50 AM   #8
WeeBaby
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Thanks Psycho! I got now

10-07-08, 02:32 AM   #9
contramundi
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
for the dominos part (or any other addon placement for that matter) just copy the WTF char folder from a char which has all in order and rename it for your new toon, this should fix aproximately any char specific addon setting to have the same.

Greetz,

CM
10-08-08, 12:00 AM   #10
Gemini_II
A Molten Giant

RE: Q2
Enhancement is generally assumed to be easiest/fastest for leveling/solo play. After about lvl 40 or 60 you could respec ele or resto. Generally you go with two slow (yes, slow) one handers for a WF Enh build, otherwise 2H for max crit damage. WoWWiki always has good reads.

10-08-08, 08:02 PM   #11
WeeBaby
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Many, many thanks

Thanks to all of you for the great responses. I am taking all of your advice and working with it. I am now using EveryQuest on this toon to try it out. Although it does give me a listing of all the quests, I wish somehow it would add a general location of the quest giver, but oh well, wandering around is half the fun.

10-08-08, 08:20 PM   #12
digmouse
A Fallenroot Satyr
1. For this try using Cartographer and Cartographer_Quests, you'll be able to see where to get quests directly on your map.

2.Enhancement, you have another choice?

3.You can gain Sha'tar rep along side Al'dor before revered, but once you hit honored 5999/6000, you have to go to the 3 5-man instances in Tempest Keep to pass it, and you'll only be able to get rep from the 3 5-mans (Arcatrasz, Mechenar and Botanica) and their relative quests from revered.

4.Try changing Domino's SV mode to SavedVariablesPerCharacter in its toc file.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » Few questions for the experts