09-16-09, 01:22 PM   #1
phoenixphenomenon
A Defias Bandit
Autocast UI

Hi,

I would like to suggest someone do a autocast UI. I have searched for something like this to maximize DPS, there is an addon for Deathknights
that suggest what you should cast to do max amount of damage. However this addon requires you to click on your spells/attack buttons, not that easy if you are facing more difficult enemies than your typical quest trash mobs.

Right now I´ve configured my typical attack rotation into an "/castsequence" Macro, however the bad thing is that it just continues on to the next spell in the list, not being smart and pick the strongest spell if it is not on cooldown.

So please if someone wants a UImod project to work on, steal my idea for free. The button system needs to "feel" what to cast and preferably only have one button that has a rotation of spells that are sellected after what damage it does. It will allso need to sense if all the runes are on cooldown or if you´re out of runicpower so that it can do "bloodtap" or "empower rune weapon" to reactivate the runes or to convert them into bloodrunes in order to continue the casting (It should also know which of BT/ERW is the best choise at that time). Some other nice features would be auto cast AoE like Death and Decay by simply clicking a button (Without the need to actually point where it should be cast, just cast it like palladins do with thier AoE). And a freature to keeping deceases up at all times.

PLEASEEEEEE !! Someone do this, so sick of spamming several buttons and making decicions while in combat at the same time as I am supposed to read raid chat and answer and keeping track of healt/RP and what the boss does and what others do ... As you can see it is an mission impossible for a human
to play a game that needs that much attention ..

09-16-09, 01:27 PM   #2
zero-kill
A Firelord

You're wanting someone to make a UI for a class that is all ready in faceroll mode? Sorry.

09-16-09, 01:39 PM   #3
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
What you want is impossible to do, as the possibility of doing those things was removed by Blizzard several years ago for 2.0. Blizzard's stance is "UI, not AI".
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

09-16-09, 01:47 PM   #4
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Agree with Seerah. Such an addon would be considered "botting" and thus completely against Bliz's policies. Aside from the obvious ethical problems, part of the game is learning how to maximize your dps on your own. To me, such an addon would take away most if not all of the fun of the game. Who wants to sit and watch their character beat up on a mob without having some input into what the character is doing. It would be like watching a really boring cartoon.

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn

09-16-09, 01:49 PM   #5
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by phoenixphenomenon View Post
<snip>..
PLEASEEEEEE !! Someone do this, so sick of spamming several buttons and making decicions while in combat at the same time as I am supposed to read raid chat and answer and keeping track of healt/RP and what the boss does and what others do ... As you can see it is an mission impossible for a human
to play a game that needs that much attention ..
Considering the sheer number of people doing this without something making their decisions for them I'll go out on a limb here and say it's not impossible. I suggest turning off the TV shows. Stop trying to play your gaming console at the same time and just focus on your raid/group

I would suggest setting up a custom UI layout and putting your buttons and skills in a row that indicates your general rotation. Yes I'm aware its not your spammable "I Win" button but thats all that can be done. Blizzard removed the ability for addons to select and execute abilities for you a while ago as Seerah said. All it is capable of doing now is suggesting like the addons youve already seen. You still have to select the skills your self.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor

09-17-09, 08:18 AM   #6
Dawn
A Molten Giant

This thread made my day.

09-17-09, 08:59 AM   #7
phoenixphenomenon
A Defias Bandit
Ok well, maybe autocast sounds a bit wrong for what I am after.

What I meant was an addon that has the rotation almost like /castsequence but can feel what is on cooldown and what attack is strongest just as Loracksdk0 but with a "cast" button. I dont see how that takes the fun out of the game as the funniest part about playing is completing the game and clearing everything.

Just think 98476539024260382 buttons is to much to keep track of, would rather have just a few.

But hey seems the people behind "Glider" has been able to fully automate the game, maybe I should be talking to them instead

09-17-09, 09:30 AM   #8
Gandoch
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

I thought for sure he was joking... until he made a second post.

09-17-09, 09:35 AM   #9
Vraan
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

What I meant was an addon that has the rotation almost like /castsequence but can feel what is on cooldown and what attack is strongest just as Loracksdk0 but with a "cast" button. I dont see how that takes the fun out of the game as the funniest part about playing is completing the game and clearing everything.

Just think 98476539024260382 buttons is to much to keep track of, would rather have just a few.

But hey seems the people behind "Glider" has been able to fully automate the game, maybe I should be talking to them instead
As said above. Cancel your sub. srslykkthxbai.
The whole point of the game is actually playing the game.
Oh and yeah. It's against the rules to use Glider, meaning your account could get banned.
And you like.
You know.
Posted the fact that you'd use it on a public forum. Not very subtle.

Last edited by Vraan : 09-17-09 at 09:37 AM.

09-17-09, 09:42 AM   #10
Soulofsin_007
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
"Glider" interacts with the game in a way that addons can not.

09-17-09, 10:22 AM   #11
Marthisdil
An Onyxian Warder

Ask him how his lawsuit from Blizzard went....wonder if he's paid Blizz the money yet

Maybe you should just quit because I wouldn't want someone like you on my raid anyways.

Marth

09-17-09, 10:25 AM   #12
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Hey, guys, don't forget to be polite on the forums.

Anyway, phoenixphenomenon, as I already mentioned, what you want cannot be done. Even castsequences were changed in a recent patch to get rid of the fact that people were using them to cast based on cooldown info.

Blizzard wants *you* to play the game. The best that addons can do is alert you as to the best course of action based on a set of conditionals. Buttons cannot change their function based on those conditions, unless they are the macro conditionals already approved by Blizzard.

The ability for addons to do the thinking was removed with 2.0. You can't click a button and have the addon automagically decide which spell will be stronger on the target, or anything else like that.

Stick to what you've got to choose from, and maybe rearrange your interface so that it fits your playstyle and needs better.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

09-17-09, 10:33 AM   #13
zero-kill
A Firelord

Plus, if you're wanting more information for a good rotation, I'm building a frost tank with an ITx6 rotation, it's one of the easiest I've ever came across - but they are all pretty convoluted. You can always jump on the PTR and try stuff out before committing you know.

09-17-09, 11:43 AM   #14
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

You do realize this isn't a console game that can be "completed" right? And if you have something complete it for you then YOU didn't actually complete anything.

Even if you clear all the raids there will always be new ones and not to mention if you truly want to "complete" the game there are a few thousand quests and 2 factions worth to do it with. So your never really done.

I advise just playing the game. Develop the skill to do what you want without something doing the work for you. Its infinitely more satisfying. Learn about macros and simplifying your set up so you don't have to remember so many buttons. Design a custom interface to make the job easier. Trying to go the automated way just gets you banned then you won't be able to "complete" anything.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor

09-17-09, 01:40 PM   #15
contramundi
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
if i would post a quick recap of what i read in your posts..... "i'm too lazy to play the game!"

the fun in the game is to actually play, beat mobs senseless in a raid group and succeed at doing so, combining all the things you summed up and do that yourself.

to sum up a few things in raid:

you don't need to pay too close of attention to your hp if your tank, thats what healers are for.... if you pay more attention to your hp/mp/rp/etc instead of the mobs the fellow people in the raid will become mad at you and you'll get kicked.

If your healer, don't pay too much attention to the mobs, instead focus on keeping people alive. When i played my nelf druid in raids, i was more or less focussing on the raidframes so the people wouldn't die. Therefore i didn't see too much of the instances itself .

As dps, focus on the mobs the tanks are focussing on, and try to maximize your dps, just try and get a nice rotation while practicing on the dummies you find in the major cities, then use it on the mobs. Also as dps don't focus too much on your hp/rp/energy/etc. If you get enough to cast something, you'll see quickly enough. Besides, health pots/stones/etc are on a cooldown, so you can only use them once in a while, being focussed on how much hp you miss and if the pot is ready to use yet, make you do less dps than you would normally do.

During boss-fights don't focus on the raidchat, if all is going properly nobody has enough time to type stuff and reply. Most guilds use vent/teamspeak/etc to give you the necesary orders when needed in combat.

There are enough addons to help you see when a certain spell is done with cooling down, like pulse or something. also there's huds to see in midcenter the needed stuff from the targets. And a lot more things to help you maximize your dps, time things right, etc.

My advise, don't try to automate things too much, it takes away all the fun. Each type has its own roles in a raid, dps / tank / healer, and each have their own distinct things they need to pay attention to, if healing would start to pay more attion to the dps than keeping people alive, say hello to a wipe. Same if the dps is paying more attion to the healing than the mobs, or the tanks to the dps/healing.

Most fun you will receive is by actually playing, figuring out how to max your dps/healing/tanking abilities, and have actually played your character right enough to down a boss. If you get those things automated, then it wont be much fun, same way for cheating your way through a game with god-mode enabled for example. Sure, you've completed it, but thats about it because you take away the challenge.

I've succesfully tried healing and dps so far, and was about to try my hands on tanking raids when i switched servers and factions, and most of the fun i got was when i was figuring out how to max my dps and healing, and be there with a full raid group alive after downing a boss

If you still want to automate everything, be my guest and use botting programs like glider or any other, and your sure to get banned from the game.

My advise however is, if your dumb enough to wanna take the fun out of the game, cancel your sub and play for the remaining time yourself. After that, login to the account manager, delete your account there, and throw away the game. Or go play on private servers.

long story short:

automate everything = dumb guy
figure stuff out yourself and get clues about certain procs/etc with addons to ease the pain of figuring stuff out = smart guy

And mods, please close this thread, i'm afraid that this will become a fight instead of an argument

09-18-09, 08:15 AM   #16
forty2j
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Just one more point, from a different perspective:

DKs are a Hero class. They have a complicated resource system, a nonconventional talent tree setup (where all 3 can tank or dps), and are meant for people who are intimately familiar with the game's mechanics.

If you find this gameplay too challenging for you, perhaps you just need a different class. I believe Holy Pally and Fire Mage have the fewest considerations for which button to push at a given time (which is not to say they are trivial, just less complicated).

09-18-09, 08:33 AM   #17
zero-kill
A Firelord

This will turn into a brawl, but we'll be all the better for it, after all the QQ in Trade chat about DK's :P

09-18-09, 09:14 AM   #18
forty2j
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Originally Posted by zero-kill View Post
This will turn into a brawl, but we'll be all the better for it, after all the QQ in Trade chat about DK's :P
Here, let me make you feel at home.

[2. Trade - City] RandomNoob: Anal [Death Grip]

09-19-09, 01:12 PM   #19
Raxnor
A Cliff Giant

First i LOLed, but then i felt bad

09-19-09, 02:02 PM   #20
Slakah
A Molten Giant

Fire Mage have the fewest considerations for which button to push at a given time
QFT I could probably pull off my rotation using only my nose, if you want an easy DPS rotation role a Fire Mage, it's easy and everyone has a little pyromaniac in them.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Autocast UI