04-27-23, 07:12 AM   #1
fooxytv
A Murloc Raider
Adventure Guide Classic

Hello All!

Having recently made the transition from Retail to Classic WotLK and Era, I've observed that there are certain quality of life improvements that could enhance the gameplay experience for both new and veteran players, without changing the core mechanics. In light of the growing interest in Classic Era and the demand for a more hardcore gaming experience, I believe that an Adventure Guide / Encounter Journal would be a great resource for the Classic player base in-game. This addon would offer vital information about dungeons, raids, boss abilities, and loot drops, enabling players to better prepare for their quests and challenges.

As a first-time WoW addon developer, I've encountered some difficulties in locating the necessary documentation to follow a specific development method. Consequently, I'm considering seeking assistance from more experienced developers or investing in additional knowledge to ensure that the Adventure Guide / Encounter Journal is completed and functional prior to the next Season of Mastery or Fresh Classic Era if this is something that other players find is missing on their journey.

It's also worth noting that the Adventure Guide for Retail provides information about what's new on a splash screen when first entering your character. Given the phase releases that occur in Classic Era and WotLK, this addon could offer something similar, providing updates when new phases are released and highlighting what's new.

I would welcome any feedback or suggestions on how to improve my development process.

The idea is to replicate the retail Adventure Guide and Encounter Journal which looks like this
https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Adventure_Guide

Screenshots are my first attempts
https://github.com/fooxytv/AdventureGuide/tree/develop

Thanks,
Foxy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Xnip2023-04-27_14-13-38.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	530.9 KB
ID:	9811  Click image for larger version

Name:	Xnip2023-04-27_14-14-52.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	409.6 KB
ID:	9812  

Last edited by fooxytv : 04-27-23 at 07:15 AM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Adventure Guide Classic