11-05-07, 05:00 PM   #1
Malidor
A Kobold Labourer
Mazzle UI Future

I have been using the Mazzle UI for sometime now and it's truely the best UI out there. It's unfortunate the original author is unable to continue the support. Not saying this is a bad thing just reality. Unless someone else is able to help out with solving some of the problems especially when 2.3 comes out in the next few weeks this may be the end.

I contunually read these forums for some signs of an update for 2.3, but theres no indication the Mazzle UI will go any futher, maybe it's time to accept it and everyone should come to the realization this may be the end of the Mazzle UI. I guess we will know for sure when 2.3 is released.
11-05-07, 05:16 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
2.3 isn't even out yet and won't be for another couple weeks probably. MazzleUI is a compilation. It relies on the authors of the mods in it to stay up to date as well. Be patient. If meio or someone fixes it for 2.3, it will most likely be after 2.3 is released. My compilation won't be updated for 2.3 until after 2.3 hits either. It's the nature of the beast.

If you can't be patient, then by all means, make your own.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

11-06-07, 09:48 AM   #3
MoogPC
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
is there a way to use the mazzle textures in eepanels2? I have been working with some other UIs I can still update, but I liked the way mazzle was laid out. Didn't know if anyone had tried this yet.

I understand that the artwork is someones, but I like it and don't want to waste it with a UI thats dead and not going to be updated.
11-06-07, 04:07 PM   #4
Phanes
A Fallenroot Satyr
It took me a long time to master /bongos and /duf, along with 60% of the rest of UI. I know it's kinda messed up right now, but it's going to have to plainly not work before I load up another comp.

I would either do some of the work or pay a bit of money to see this UI comp live.
11-06-07, 04:59 PM   #5
MoogPC
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Phanes
but it's going to have to plainly not work before I load up another comp.

no offense, but if you try a real, working, updated, UI, you will see what I mean. I just like the way mazzle was setup.
11-06-07, 05:54 PM   #6
airdragon
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
I would be a member of the to impatient to wait for someone else to update MazzleUI for me. I took some of the things about mazzle I loved (feel, button config, mods) and loaded them into my own. I do miss Mazzifier (automating the setup would make my life a ton easier on any UI) but will accept its loss.

I did try for a bit to get a Mazzle clone up and going on my comp. Eepanels2 is probably the best bet for the art and layout of that while I was still trying to find something half as configurable as DUF (PitBull ended up being the unit frame addon). In the end i ended up with something that had the same feel but was all my own and I slowly moved on. I'll be the first to say that Mazzle rocked (the nay sayers can stfu, Mazzle did something no other compilation has ever really done).

Anyways, I tip my hat to any who try and keep it alive. My biggest suggestion to those that do and keep the original Mazzifier..... find a way to scrap Bongos. Its just gonna get worse and worse each patch. DUF is very fixable (Loz did write an amazing mod afterall) and with some major attention outside of just getting it to work will make everything fall into place nicely. Theres my two cents...

Peace!
11-06-07, 06:02 PM   #7
123noob
A Frostmaul Preserver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by MoogPC
is there a way to use the mazzle textures in eepanels2? I have been working with some other UIs I can still update, but I liked the way mazzle was laid out. Didn't know if anyone had tried this yet.

I understand that the artwork is someones, but I like it and don't want to waste it with a UI thats dead and not going to be updated.
I won't mind if someone uses my textures as long as they give credits to who created the textures.
11-06-07, 10:28 PM   #8
raznarbe
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I got something similar set up on the PTR. I ended up putting 123Noobs skin into electroflux textronator since I liked the skin so much and I'm using pitbull for my unit/raid frames. I tweaked or added alot of other mods to finally try and get a look similar to MazzleUI.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_110707_115346.jpg
Views:	1008
Size:	253.1 KB
ID:	1512  Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_110707_115748.jpg
Views:	919
Size:	269.5 KB
ID:	1513  
11-07-07, 11:47 AM   #9
Alkar
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by raznarbe
I got something similar set up on the PTR. I ended up putting 123Noobs skin into electroflux textronator since I liked the skin so much and I'm using pitbull for my unit/raid frames. I tweaked or added alot of other mods to finally try and get a look similar to MazzleUI.

i would like to get ahold of this to check it on ptr looks very nice and clean would like to try it out if y awant to post it or send it to me [email protected]
11-07-07, 11:58 PM   #10
raznarbe
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Some more pictures in a raid environment from last night. As of now the only error I get on the PTR with it is from Elkbuffbars, they still work perfectly fine but there is just a small error with the mini map on the PTR.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_110707_202554.JPG
Views:	828
Size:	264.0 KB
ID:	1519  Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_110707_205712.JPG
Views:	778
Size:	268.3 KB
ID:	1520  
11-08-07, 01:45 AM   #11
Elkano
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

...which is fixed in a branched version: http://svn.wowace.com/wowace/branches/ElkBuffBars/2.3/

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Mazzle UI Future