10-14-11, 10:35 AM   #1
v1cd3
A Kobold Labourer
Naked Raid frame, Boss Mod, and Nameplate mods

I am trying to make a very simplistic and stripped down UI.

To do that, I need some parts of my UI to display very differently than normal.

Raidframes:
I want to have my raid frames displayed as either just names or if possible dots. I don't need to know who is alive or dead, just that they are alive or dead. So i would be looking for an addon that would just display, for example, 25 white dots, and as people died, the dots greyed-out or went transparent. Even better would be an addon that said 25/25, and as people died went to 22/25 or something like that, negating the need to dedicate screen space to a raid grid.

Boss mods:
I dont want obtrusive bars all over my screen, so I am looking for one that only displays text and a countdown timer, sans bars.

would look like:

Devastating LoLwipe Incoming 0:30

and would remain anchored, sorting by remaining time.

Nameplates:
Would like an addon that I can edit text size, font, and color, and also bar size, width, anchor location, and color. Does tidy plates do this? Or is there a leaner addon?

Thanks for your help,
-Mod
10-14-11, 02:28 PM   #2
Learza
A Fallenroot Satyr

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by v1cd3 View Post
Boss mods:
I dont want obtrusive bars all over my screen, so I am looking for one that only displays text and a countdown timer, sans bars.

would look like:

Devastating LoLwipe Incoming 0:30

and would remain anchored, sorting by remaining time.
This is something you can probably achieve with any Bossmod by choosing Empty as the statusbar texture. Which can be found in SharedMedia for example.

Regarding the display of a raid I'm pretty sure I once saw a databroker that would just display it like you wish but sadly I can't remember it's name and I'm not sure if it's still maintained. So don't get your hopes up, but maybe someone else knows the mod I mean.
10-15-11, 02:33 PM   #3
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
See attachment. Untested, but should work. Report back with any error messages. Use an addon like StatBlocks to put it anywhere on your screen.
Attached Files
File Type: zip RaidCountBroker.zip (5.6 KB, 627 views)

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Naked Raid frame, Boss Mod, and Nameplate mods