08-11-14, 03:47 PM   #1
Kygo
A Theradrim Guardian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
First look at Minion

#1. Seems a bit slow when removing unused WoW installs and swapping between diffrent WoW installs.

#2. It's eating a lot of my RAM (About 20-25% of 4GB).

#3. Not resizeable

#4. It did freeze during second launch. Only happend once so far. See attachment

#. Something very minor, it's giving me the suggestion to update Leatrix Plus from 5.4.10 to 6.0.08.

Looks great with the current color scheme and font sizes. The AddOn name text color could be more white instead of the white-gray tone tho.

A lot faster to use and launch than Curse Client for me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Minion.png
Views:	326
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	8173  
08-11-14, 06:18 PM   #2
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by Kygo View Post
#. Something very minor, it's giving me the suggestion to update Leatrix Plus from 5.4.10 to 6.0.08.
Sounds like it's wrongly matching your "Leatrix Plus" to the "Leatrix Plus Beta for Warlords of Draenor Beta".

What are your system specs? I'm curious because my experience has been that Minion is slightly slower to start up than the Curse Client, and much slower to click and scroll around in. The only action that seems faster is actually downloading and installing an addon.
08-11-14, 06:39 PM   #3
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Yep because its not uploaded to the beta category so Minion has no idea that its beta. Just moved it to the correct category, cache should expire in 10min and if you relaunch it should correct it self.
08-11-14, 06:48 PM   #4
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
#1. Seems a bit slow when removing unused WoW installs and swapping between diffrent WoW installs.
How long is it taking to remove a wow install? On my slow VM with only 1gb ram and 1 cpu its nearly instant?

#2. It's eating a lot of my RAM (About 20-25% of 4GB).
Minion runs inside a JVM (java virtual machine) and it will reserve resources, its actually using much less than that and will free up memory if its needed.

#3. Not resizeable
We are working on that.

#4. It did freeze during second launch. Only happend once so far. See attachment
If this happens again can you send me your minion0.log? Its located in the .minion folder which is found in your windows or osx user folder. (Win: C:\Users\<your windows username\.minion OSX: ~/.minion)

This should be fixed in about 10 - 20min once the api feed cache expires. Leaxtrix had a beta version uploaded to a normal category.

Looks great with the current color scheme and font sizes. The AddOn name text color could be more white instead of the white-gray tone tho.

Thanks for the feedback we will keep that in mind for future UI updates!
08-12-14, 04:21 AM   #5
Kygo
A Theradrim Guardian

Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
What are your system specs? I'm curious because my experience has been that Minion is slightly slower to start up than the Curse Client, and much slower to click and scroll around in. The only action that seems faster is actually downloading and installing an addon.
A Intel Core 2 Duo á 3.0GHz, 4GB of Kingston RAM and a Ati 5770
Worth to mention is that I don't have a SSD.

It could be that Curse Client has a few animaited ads and stuff going on

Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
How long is it taking to remove a wow install? On my slow VM with only 1gb ram and 1 cpu its nearly instant?
Anywhere from 30 seconds to 60 seconds

Minion runs inside a JVM (java virtual machine) and it will reserve resources, its actually using much less than that and will free up memory if its needed.
Aight!

We are working on that.
Awesome!

If this happens again can you send me your minion0.log? Its located in the .minion folder which is found in your windows or osx user folder. (Win: C:\Users\<your windows username\.minion OSX: ~/.minion)
Yea I will!

This should be fixed in about 10 - 20min once the api feed cache expires. Leaxtrix had a beta version uploaded to a normal category.
Okey , nice.

Last edited by Kygo : 08-12-14 at 04:27 AM.
08-12-14, 05:04 PM   #6
Phanx
Cat.

A Intel Core 2 Duo á 3.0GHz, 4GB of Kingston RAM and a Ati 5770
Worth to mention is that I don't have a SSD.
Weird. My home and work machine both have slightly higher CPU and GPU specs, and a lot more RAM, but definitely run Minion much more slowly than the Curse Client. I wonder what could be causing the difference...

It could be that Curse Client has a few animaited ads and stuff going on
Well, I do have Curse Premium (free for addon authors) so I don't see any ads in the Curse Client. I wonder if the ads are really so performance intensive that they can be making that big a difference?
08-13-14, 09:47 AM   #7
Kygo
A Theradrim Guardian

Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
Well, I do have Curse Premium (free for addon authors) so I don't see any ads in the Curse Client. I wonder if the ads are really so performance intensive that they can be making that big a difference?
It feels like Minion is a lot faster than Curse Client overall, both in launch and when using it, like scrolling and selecting items.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Minion » First look at Minion