02-05-21, 08:20 PM   #1
wn2142
A Defias Bandit
Quests Abandoned statistic

I've seen plenty of clever macros that query quest completion and output boolean results; is there a way to display quests, either by name or number, that were abandoned or caused the Quests Abandoned statistic to update? I haven't abandoned a quest since I started playing in 2004 but sadly I've been afflicted recently with this broken statistic. I've actually rerolled a new toon 3 times for a clean slate but somehow this is happening.. Any help u wizards might impart is greatly appreciated.
02-05-21, 08:54 PM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The statistic is probably updated at the time the abandon quest button click is confirmed. Unlike the CompletedQuests query function there isn't an abandoned quest query function that I have ever seen when looking at the quest functions in the past.
02-05-21, 10:35 PM   #3
wn2142
A Defias Bandit
How is it updated when I've never clicked that button? Last night I checked my latest level 50, had zero quests abandoned after a 5 hour session. Woke up this AM and there's a turd waiting for me in my statistics panel--2 quests abandoned.

Is there a recording of abandoned quests in a log file somewhere? Is there an addon I can run that logs such things directly? I need to find the culprit, its eroding what little sanity I have left after COVID...

Last edited by wn2142 : 02-05-21 at 10:39 PM.
02-06-21, 12:55 AM   #4
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Originally Posted by wn2142 View Post
How is it updated when I've never clicked that button? Last night I checked my latest level 50, had zero quests abandoned after a 5 hour session. Woke up this AM and there's a turd waiting for me in my statistics panel--2 quests abandoned.

Is there a recording of abandoned quests in a log file somewhere? Is there an addon I can run that logs such things directly? I need to find the culprit, its eroding what little sanity I have left after COVID...
Has it ever happened with a non max level toon ? Or when you restarted your toons was it at a low level ? Is there a pattern to when, where etc your characters find themselves with this happening. I have never personally worried about this statistic but then I have abandoned several quests on each of my characters so would never have noticed any that were erroneous.

Did you jump back and forth between characters to find it appear on one you logged back into with this stat magically there ? Could this be because the previous character had abandoned by yourself or somehow automatically a quest ? A daily/weekly quest that is automatically classed as abandoned if it stops being available ?
02-05-21, 10:50 PM   #5
briskman3000
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Maybe it has to do with incomplete emmisaries?
02-06-21, 02:24 AM   #6
wn2142
A Defias Bandit
Believe me, I'm looking at all my heroes right now. Another weird thing, I just made a level 1 Draenei (Ammen Vale starting area) and immediately looked at the quest stats before talking to anyone; no abandoned quests but it says 17 quests have been completed already... this is dumb
02-06-21, 05:05 AM   #7
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Believe me, I'm looking at all my heroes right now. Another weird thing, I just made a level 1 Draenei (Ammen Vale starting area) and immediately looked at the quest stats before talking to anyone; no abandoned quests but it says 17 quests have been completed already... this is dumb
I wonder if it is an account wide thing. Let's see what happens with me .. I have tons of high level ages old characters and a few low level and non played ones to compare.

Existing Account of 15+ years with almost 50 characters on
New character - Human Monk in Human Beginning Zone - 21 Completed Quests, 21 Average Completed Per Day
Starter Account never played
New Character - Human Monk in New Experience Zone, forced to do some quests - 7 Completed Quests, 7 Average Completed Per Day
Existing Account of 15+ years with almost 50 characters on
New character - Human Monk in New Experience Zone 3 quests carried out - 28 Completed Quests, 28 Average Completed Per Day

I concur it doesn't make sense.
However, I have no quests abandoned at all on the new characters made.

But, I guess in the case of the New Experience Zone the movement steps may be classed as quests and could make the 7 quests completed stat for the exile zone added 21 to become 28. But doesn't explain how the 21 got there in the first place. Unless they are from the other characters I started after shadowlands and did exile reach or their class beginner quest chain before continuing with regular questing ...
Unfortunately with all the expansion additions and changes it would be hard to identify where they may have come from... however, on a new account those numbers are started afresh as you could see.

Last edited by Xrystal : 02-06-21 at 06:07 AM.
02-06-21, 01:52 PM   #8
Ketho
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Another weird thing, I just made a level 1 Draenei (Ammen Vale starting area) and immediately looked at the quest stats before talking to anyone; no abandoned quests but it says 17 quests have been completed already...

It might have to do with pet battle quests since those are account-wide

My new toon has 38 quests completed in the statistics tab and 88 from #C_QuestLog.GetAllCompletedQuestIDs()
02-06-21, 10:38 AM   #9
briskman3000
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

All those secret things that they have added over the years have hidden quests attached to them. I know I've gotten quest completed achievements when I've logged in because of them.
02-06-21, 01:12 PM   #10
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
It may also be things where you have to complete a quest to unlock something, but then they change it so that you only have to complete the quest once per account to have it unlocked. The quest may already be flagged as completed on other characters.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Macro Help » Quests Abandoned statistic