03-01-14, 07:36 PM   #1
meljen
A Fallenroot Satyr
Looking for FF UI?

I have recently grown to love the look of the FFXIII game interface. Does anyone have tips for UI packages that give a similar feel, or addons that might do well for creating that kind of appearance?

I don't want to recreate the exact same thing. Just an overall Final Fantasy feel.

Thanks in advance!
03-02-14, 10:36 AM   #2
MoonWitch
A Firelord
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Could you provide a SS of the UI for that game? Would help those that haven't played FF but know quite a bit of add ons (like myself)
03-02-14, 01:56 PM   #3
meljen
A Fallenroot Satyr
Yeah sure, sorry!

Grabbed these from an online search since I only play FF on the xbox.

This is FFXIII - The big bar to the left is the player's information. I know this would be rediculous to duplicate, but something detail-oriented for player information (and a little slicker-looking than the standard UI) would be nice.

This next one below is FFIV. I haven't played this one, but it was a better view of an overall UI. I think the colors are nice, and the alternative for player health / mana at the bottom below skill icons is interesting. The minimap is kind of neat too. Ironically very similar to WoW.

Like I said, I don't expect to fully duplicate this unless I used some crazy graphic window overlays and whatnot. But anything that would sort of emulate a 'feel' like this would be neat. As far as minimaps go, I know Sexymap would probably be recommended as #1, lol. *wink* And of course I'd imagine some kind of Masque pack would work best for the button skinning.

Any suggestions at all though would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you!
03-02-14, 07:06 PM   #4
meljen
A Fallenroot Satyr
After doing some digging, here's another FFXIII interface screenshot. This one actually looks a bit better than the first I had above as far as layout.

03-04-14, 01:46 PM   #5
MoonWitch
A Firelord
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Well, it *is* possible, but would be pretty much completely custom code.

oUF could be your frame work, Stuf as well. (For the unit frames). The textures would have to be custom made.
For the buttons, any bar add-on with again the correct textures. (FFIV then)

FFIV would be doable I think, though I am completely unsuited to write it myself. But with enough time, yeah.

FFXIII will be harder, especially those skill buttons.

If I recall correctly, there *is* an oUF layout similar...
orbs : http://www.wowinterface.com/download...662-oUFLS.html
"arrow" http://www.wowinterface.com/download...-oUF_Real.html
And a WIP from the forums : http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/swordartui/images/

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Looking for FF UI?