01-11-08, 07:27 PM   #1
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Another new Moderator

I'd like to officially welcome Shirik to the team. He's been working with us unofficially for quite some time now and we wanted to finally make it official. Of major note is his help which has been instrumental in helping us track down the malicious files that have been floating around the community of late.
01-11-08, 07:29 PM   #2
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Woohoo! I'd say welcome to the madness but you've been sekretly apart of it for awhile now!
01-11-08, 09:55 PM   #3
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Grats Shirik!
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

01-11-08, 10:13 PM   #4
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Ahh good to see people who do good things get the credit they deserve. Congrats =)

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
01-12-08, 10:13 PM   #5
wulfy27
Addon Junkie

Exclamation Welcome and Thank You!!

Welcome!! This Keylogger "stuff" really hit my Husband and I hard, as well as a friend who stayed over the holidays (Happy New Year to him). You feel so angry and violated. They trashed and removed everything off of three accounts which included MULTIPLE characters on many servers. They stripped the mains, the lowbee's we relax with and the mules. The even RESPEC'D one of my Hubby's mains and if that's not bad enough.... they KILLED HIS CAT!!!! << making light when wanting to cry... they did though! >>

ALL I know is that you are part of an unmatched team here and I hope you feel at home.

Thanks again to everyone here at WOWInterface!! When something this painful happens, it's not often that the pain is eased by the ability to act instead of ranting and reacting. I knew instinctively to come here first when we started to realize what was going on. That alone says volumes.

Be Well!
amber
01-12-08, 10:28 PM   #6
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
I'm really sorry to hear that you guys had your accounts compromised and I hope it wasn't because of the day during which the trojan was on this site.

I'm glad we were able to help you guys get rid of it though.

*Still feels incredibly awful about it all.*
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
01-13-08, 08:04 PM   #7
wulfy27
Addon Junkie

Originally Posted by Cairenn
I'm really sorry to hear that you guys had your accounts compromised and I hope it wasn't because of the day during which the trojan was on this site.

I'm glad we were able to help you guys get rid of it though.

*Still feels incredibly awful about it all.*
Nope. I know everyone tries to keep their files safe. I was actually messing about with WAU and remembered the one for UICentral from ages ago... I thought I'd try it out. As my friends would tell you, I play with Mods more than I actually play my toons. I just can't help it... I'm sure there are some people here that can more than understand. If I could write mods... oh MAN... it's like the economy in a game or some crafting... I love to wrap my brain around something and make it work how "I want". LOL!

Anyhoo... it was the UICentral installer. That being said.. if someone wants to be an a$$hat bad enough, they will find a way. (one reason I prefer pets to most humans).

No Worries... Blizz is working on it.. not much else to do about it atm.

Thanks from me and my pals though!! We were able to clean our systems last night.

CHEERS!!

WoWInterface » Site Forums » News » Another new Moderator