04-27-06, 11:57 AM   #1
ladenedge
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Recipe Radar

Recipe Radar assists players in finding recipes. It knows about vendors who sell recipes in the current region or by profession. It has a number of filtering options and can even locate vendors on the world map.

Here's a quick thumbnail showing the "radar" tab:

Please see the mod's WI page for full screenies and more info!
04-28-06, 01:50 AM   #2
ladenedge
A Murloc Raider
Version 1.1 Released!

The first release went far better than I expected, but not perfectly! A number of small bugs have been fixed for this version. I have also included what I hope is a workable French localization and, by popular request, the ability to select regions other than the one you are currently in.

Please see Recipe Radar's WI page for more info.
04-29-06, 12:27 AM   #3
ladenedge
A Murloc Raider
Version 1.2 Released!

Had to push out a news release quickly as there were a couple of show-stopping bugs in the internationalized versions. I didn't get a chance to test all of the new stuff as well as I'd like, so my fingers are crossed. With luck the auto-mapping will work out.

Please see Recipe Radar's WI page for more info.
04-30-06, 06:43 AM   #4
ladenedge
A Murloc Raider
Version 1.3 Released!

Turns out the non-English versions still aren't perfect - doh. This version should fix a bug that was preventing about half of the maps from displaying on non-English clients. English users can probably skip this release.

ObLink.
05-10-06, 03:09 AM   #5
ladenedge
A Murloc Raider
Version 1.4 Released!

A real, live German translation has been included in this release thanks to DJMars and Elkano. I had to modify their contributions just a tiny bit, so rest assured that any remaining language blunders are my own fault.

Additionally, v1.4 fixes some bugs and introduces a new color (blue!) for the alliance. The ChangeLog has full details. Enjoy!

ObLink.
05-10-06, 09:34 AM   #6
CrisCr0ss
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
hmm i notice that sometimes when im in certain cities it shows me who has the recipies but doesn't show which one it is. So i was wondering Maybe it could work with LootLink or an ItemDatabase similar to that, so that if its been seen on the server it will appear normally and that if it hasn;t been seen there will be a star beside it. Also maybe beside the recipie include the name?

BUt keep up the awsome work i love this addon!!
06-21-06, 02:48 PM   #7
ladenedge
A Murloc Raider
Version 1.6 Released!

For so long a delay, this release isn't too significant. I've hopefully fixed a fairly serious bug in the non-English versions, and I've added a small right-click context menu to the scroll frame that allows the user to expand/collapse all and map vendors.

ObLink

CrisCr0ss, I'm afraid I'm not sure what you mean! It sounds like you're talking about the minimap tooltip, perhaps? And that you'd like to see more information about the recipes in that tooltip? Any further specifics would be great - and thanks for the compliment!
06-23-06, 08:34 PM   #8
coupas
A Murloc Raider
I love this addon, and as you are probably a man.... I am willing to carry our manchild.
06-25-06, 02:47 AM   #9
ladenedge
A Murloc Raider
Version 1.7 Released!

Childfree and proud, coupas, sorry! (Glad to hear the damn thing is at least mostly working for *some* people, though!)

I'd like to blame the nasty bugs in 1.6 on the latest WoW patch, but in fact they were my fault..! I hope they'll be fixed in this new version - especially the non-English issues - so that I can move on to improving the addon instead of making it work like it's supposed to! A few other fixes made it into this version as well. Check out the ChangeLog for full details.

ObLink
09-16-06, 06:21 PM   #10
ladenedge
A Murloc Raider
Version 1.10 released!

I keep forgetting to update this, but then, does anyone read it?

Post here and let me know if I should keep posting here!
09-28-06, 10:34 AM   #11
jpwoof
A Murloc Raider
I do and I love it.. best recipe finder I have ever used. One quick question though, how is this addon in terms of memory usage?
10-25-06, 02:34 PM   #12
Daklu
A Defias Bandit
I read it!

Hey ladenedge, just wanted to let you know that I just found your addon and I think it's a great idea. I recently dumped skinning in favor of engineering and it's a real pain to try to find useful engineering recipes. I think your mod fills a huge gap in easing player frustration.
07-24-07, 01:42 AM   #13
ladenedge
A Murloc Raider
Thanks for the comments!

Memory usage was about 1.5M last I checked. If you're interested, you can read some further details about Recipe Radar and memory on its project-page forums.

(BTW, v1.23 is finally out!)
09-27-07, 02:40 PM   #14
KVLtv
A Kobold Labourer

Quick change for WoW 2.2

I have come to rely on Recipe Radar in the brief time since I began to use it. It's a brilliant AddOn! Like many other people, Blizzard's upgrade of WoW to 2.2 caught me off guard and I've been frantically trying to get the updates for the AddOns that I use. I've been a little frustrated by the experience, since 2.2 seems rather picky and doesn't seem to want to load an AddOn that hasn't specifically been updated for v2.2. However, WoW will load an AddOn if the .toc file tells WoW that it is for version 2.2. Basically what this means is in order to get WoW to load the AddOn all you need to do is to make the first line in the .toc file read: ## Interface: 20200 I decided to help things along, by changing the first line in the .toc of the AddOns I couldn't live without, but was unable to get updates for. The result is that the AddOns do load and seem to work. I don't know how stable they're going to be, but if you're reading this because you like Recipe Radar and it isn't working for WoW 2.2 . . .
Nonetheless, Mr. Miller's Recipe Radar is simply awesome! Thanks ladenedge!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Recipe Radar