10-25-11, 11:35 PM   #1
Moxie
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Notable Boss-Fight Event Announcer

While running ZA earlier, a mage kept announcing things in /say such as "Debuff X is up on Player Y. Dispel it!" and "Water Totem down! Move the boss out of the green circle!" I asked her which mod it was and she had no idea, as she's using DBM and we're both sure that that doesn't announce such things.

Anyone have any ideas as to what mod it may be? Any of the other big (and not so big) boss mods that I've looked at don't seem to be quite so streamlined or handy. I'm very curious.

"The truth is like sunlight: people used to think it was good for you."
10-26-11, 12:03 AM   #2
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

That seems to go beyond the warning and squarely into the "training wheels" category.

Regardless I wouldn't use it, I can say it's not LittleWigs either so maybe PhoenixStyle?
10-26-11, 12:34 AM   #3
Phanx
Cat.

I don't know what addon does that, but it sounds pretty annoying. If I were grouped with someone using such an addon, and they refused (or didn't know how) to turn it off, I would probably just add them to my ignore list. It's fine to use an addon that gives you all those reminders and "hints" on your own screen, but please don't assume that everyone else wants to see tons of text in their chat frame telling them every action some addon author thinks they should take.
10-26-11, 07:08 AM   #4
Moxie
A Cobalt Mageweaver

I'd still like to know what it is, regardless of whether I'd use it or not. Call it simple curiousity. And no, I don't think it's PhoenixStyle, unless there's an option I missed somewhere.

10-26-11, 12:38 PM   #5
front243
Premium Member
Premium Member
Robs Boss mods can annonce strategies before a boss fight. I am not sure if it can tell tactics during the fight as you outlined though.
10-26-11, 12:48 PM   #6
Moxie
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Yeah, I've looked through most of the boss mods that I can find and none announce things like that to /say. I'm also assuming that's all the mod does, as she couldn't remember which mod it was so I'm assuming she didn't spend time configuring it to disable everything else.

I'm wondering if she was using some compilation like ElvUI, which also includes interrupt announces and might have ones for boss fights as well?

10-26-11, 01:16 PM   #7
Canities
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Originally Posted by Decabah View Post
While running ZA earlier, a mage kept announcing things in /say such as "Debuff X is up on Player Y. Dispel it!" and "Water Totem down! Move the boss out of the green circle!" I asked her which mod it was and she had no idea, as she's using DBM and we're both sure that that doesn't announce such things.

Anyone have any ideas as to what mod it may be? Any of the other big (and not so big) boss mods that I've looked at don't seem to be quite so streamlined or handy. I'm very curious.
Theres an option in DBM to announce to raid (Bosses tab, 2nd tickbox on each boss). I assume its that doing the announcements however, as you are not in a raid its doing it in /say.
10-26-11, 01:43 PM   #8
Moxie
A Cobalt Mageweaver

I don't think DBM announces the examples in my first post, though. They seem a bit too specific, instead of, say, "Trap on me!" like I know DBM does now. It's more like a mod specifically for strats as the fight progresses and the boss casts an ability, but I can't find it.

I most likely wouldn't even use it, except maybe on my baby alts while running dungeons with friends so I don't have to explain over Vent, but not knowing even what it is is driving me crazy.

Last edited by Moxie : 10-26-11 at 01:48 PM.
10-27-11, 04:16 PM   #9
Phanx
Cat.

If you still have a way to contact the person you were grouped with, you could just ask for a full list of their installed addons.
10-27-11, 05:55 PM   #10
Moxie
A Cobalt Mageweaver

I don't. It was a pug run and we disbanded after the healer pulled a group, wiped us and left because he lost a loot roll. Didn't make note of the name.

So, I'm still looking.

10-27-11, 10:31 PM   #11
semlar
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I will also cast my vote for it being DBM. For one thing we know they were using it, and aside from the phrasing (which I don't know is exact) DBM announces everything you described.
10-27-11, 10:41 PM   #12
Moxie
A Cobalt Mageweaver

I know that DBM will announce an ability can be dispelled if your class can but I've never seen it announce to /say. It's usually in raid warning format. I've also never seen it announce to move a boss from flame pools, totem pools or anything else related to a boss fight to /say - that seems more strat based than personal warning based. The only thing I've seen is it announce when you have a trap / seeds / bomb cast on you.

Otherwise I'd agree that it's DBM.

(And yep, the phrasing is exact.)

Last edited by Moxie : 10-27-11 at 10:43 PM.
10-27-11, 11:21 PM   #13
semlar
A Pyroguard Emberseer

It's RobBossMods.

This is an exact quote from the localization file: "CUR_SPELL: Get the boss out of the green circle!", where CUR_SPELL is being replaced by a link to the water totem spell.
10-27-11, 11:34 PM   #14
Moxie
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Gonna give it a whirl, but it looks promising. I don't even plan on using it, but not knowing what it was is driving me bonkers.

-- Edit: Yup, it's RobBossMods. Thanks a bunch!

Last edited by Moxie : 10-27-11 at 11:43 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Notable Boss-Fight Event Announcer