11-28-08, 09:29 AM   #1
Jynks
A Frostmaul Preserver
How dose databroker work?

I am confused about DATABROKER.. i recently downloaded a mod called CritHit... and i can not seam to get it to work... though i know it is working as the crits are spammed in my chat window and if i turn on teh screenshot option that is also working...

So i di a few other tests of "broker" addons form the catagory here and it is the same for all of them....

Is this like Titan and Fubar ... makes somekind of bar with icons that drop down info boxes?

If so how do you get it to show..

If not .. what is broker?
11-28-08, 09:47 AM   #2
FrankN
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Jynks View Post
I am confused about DATABROKER.. i recently downloaded a mod called CritHit... and i can not seam to get it to work... though i know it is working as the crits are spammed in my chat window and if i turn on teh screenshot option that is also working...

So i di a few other tests of "broker" addons form the catagory here and it is the same for all of them....

Is this like Titan and Fubar ... makes somekind of bar with icons that drop down info boxes?

If so how do you get it to show..

If not .. what is broker?
Originally Posted by Broker HitCrit page
LDB stands for LibDataBroker. This is an addon-independent framework for displaying data about something in-game. It allows you to choose which addon you want to use to display the data. However, the addon, 'by itself', cannot do anything. There are several options out there for displaying LDB based plugins, and you can choose whichever you like:

* Fortress
* Buttonbin
* Fubar (you'll need to also run Broker2Fubar)
I highlighted the important part
11-28-08, 09:50 AM   #3
def9
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Lib Data Broker is essentially an alternative to fubar or titanpanel. From what your describing you need Fortress or another mod that displays the LBD plugins information. The below quote explains it a bit better than I seem to be able to.

LDB stands for LibDataBroker. This is an addon-independent framework for displaying data about something in-game. It allows you to choose which addon you want to use to display the data. However, the addon, 'by itself', cannot do anything. There are several options out there for displaying LDB based plugins, and you can choose whichever you like:

* Fortress
* Buttonbin
* Fubar (you'll need to also run Broker2Fubar)
Another LBD display not mentioned in the quote is Carousel.
11-28-08, 10:04 AM   #4
tinyu
A Molten Giant

Titan Panel has built in LDB support.
11-28-08, 10:28 AM   #5
Jynks
A Frostmaul Preserver
Originally Posted by tinyu View Post
Titan Panel has built in LDB support.
I ma using titan pannel.... but i can ot seam to see how it works?
11-28-08, 10:34 AM   #6
Psoewish
A Scalebane Royal Guard

I personally use Fortress to display my broker addons.
11-28-08, 03:35 PM   #7
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Are you using an updated version of Titan? It has had LDB support for a little while now.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » How dose databroker work?