03-30-20, 05:35 AM   #1
awildgoose11
A Defias Bandit
Help with making my addon (WoW classic)

Hello, I am VERY new to addon programming but I wanted to make a simple one that dismounts your character if you right click on an ore vein while mounted. Here is what I made, (it doesn't seem to be working) any help would be appreciated. (WoW Classic btw)

Code:
local f = CreateFrame("Frame",nil,UIParent)
f:SetWidth(4000) 
f:SetHeight(4000)
f:SetPoint("CENTER",0,0)
while(1=1)
do
   local u = UnitName("mouseover");
f:SetScript("OnClick", function (self, button, down)
 if (button = "RightButton" and down = true and u = "Tin Vein" or u = "Iron Deposit" or u = "Mithril Vein" or u = "Copper Vein" or u = "Gold Vein" or u = "Truesilver Vein" or u = "Thorium Vein" or u = "Dark Iron Vein" or u = "Elementium Vein" or u = "Snall Obsidian Chunk" or u = "Large Obsidian Chunk") then
 Dismount();	
end
end
end
Again the goal is to dismount when an ore is right clicked. Thanks.
03-30-20, 06:14 AM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
UnitName won't work on deposits. They are for units like player, target, pet, party1, raid1 etc. Deposits are not any of these.

It is unlikely that there is an automated way of doing this as the moment you try to mine while mounted it will report that you are mounted.

Of course there is a chance that there is a way but it will likely be based on creating a button that Dismounts() and then carries out the Mining action ( if that can be scripted/macro'd ). Seeing as the dismount process isn't instant it may fail the mining action anyway.

So, simplest action, is to just dismount and then do some mining. Then mount up again when finished.
03-30-20, 06:18 AM   #3
awildgoose11
A Defias Bandit
Ahh OK I see, thanks for the info. Hopefully it will be possible in the future!

(Mods close this thread please)
03-30-20, 11:11 AM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
You can check for when you get the mounted error and then dismount. But this addon is already made for you:
https://www.wowinterface.com/downloa...oDismount.html
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

03-30-20, 11:19 AM   #5
HydraWoW
A Kobold Labourer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You can use the event UI_ERROR_MESSAGE for this case! I have a script on classic that auto dismounted when attacking or opening a flight path up, but I can't recall if it handled the case of mining or not as well. I don't have a sub active for WoW currently, but looking at this (or what Seerah posted) might help you get a start

Pastebin link

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Help with making my addon (WoW classic)