06-26-10, 11:34 AM   #41
Tilteri
A Fallenroot Satyr

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
I don't get what you're trying to say... I didn't post an outside link, actually... I didn't post any links at all.

The download had been on WoWInterface and was taken down by an administrator when they said it was incomplete or something.

Although the download was up there for people to see it's progress, and see the new things as time goes by.

It's like giving them a way to see where it is currently. I haven't uploaded it again because I don't want to get in trouble... but why post that in here?

What did I do? I don't remember posting any links... please explain what you mean by your post...
06-26-10, 12:42 PM   #42
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I assumed that you had posted a link, which would have been why it was taken down. If you actually uploaded it to the site, then you would have gotten a reason why it was taken down so that you will know our thinking and rules about that and known the appropriate action to take.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

06-27-10, 12:35 PM   #43
Tilteri
A Fallenroot Satyr

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
I assumed that you had posted a link, which would have been why it was taken down. If you actually uploaded it to the site, then you would have gotten a reason why it was taken down so that you will know our thinking and rules about that and known the appropriate action to take.
Yeah... but you know what? I don't care if cataclysm is coming out soon. I'm gonna code the addon anyways. But I have a question: Why do the keybindings mess up?

Like... I would have two files coded exactly the same for two addons (This happened with WoWTheme and WoWMap), but the bindings are different.

Say for instance, you are trying to make bindings for two addons, and one addon uses Toggle Markers, and the other uses Toggle Coords.

The keybindings are coded the same, but one of them shows up as Toggle Markers, and the other one shows up as TOGGLE_COORDS.

When I change the code in the Coords keybinding, so that in the xml file, it says Toggle Coords, instead of TOGGLE_COORDS, it shows up as Toggle Coords in-game.

The thing is, the other file has TOGGLE_MARKERS in the xml file and shows up as Toggle Markers, without the change. Also, sometimes, the headings for both addon's keybindings don't show up. Just wondering about this.

PS: Yes, it was uploaded directly to the site, and was removed due to a reason that I can't really remember.
06-27-10, 01:41 PM   #44
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Use github/googlecode/wowi svn to let people follow your progress.
The addons that are on WoWI should not be test files or incomplete addons, it should be alpha quality or higher (aka something that actually runs).

Thats probably what they meant by incomplete.
07-09-10, 09:03 AM   #45
Tilteri
A Fallenroot Satyr

I'm actually thinking about making a database where you can upload your markers too and download markers from. Like... in the options window there would be a database button.

When you click it, it brings up another window. in the window there will be a drop-down menu and a download button. Leave the dropdown menu blank to download all the markers in the database.

If you want, you can instead select a continent from the dropdown menu and press download, which will make it only download markers for that continent.

Also, when you select a continent, another dropdown menu comes up with a lis of zones for that continent. Select a zone and press download to only download markers from that zone.

To upload markers, simply add a marker to the map and right-click and select upload. If I approve it, it will go into the database for download.

I will check to make sure each marker is free of viruses or whatever else might come up. So it'll be kinda cool that way.

Anybody think this is a good idea?
07-09-10, 10:22 AM   #46
Gandoch
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Originally Posted by Tilteri View Post
Anybody think this is a good idea?
Not in the least, actually.
07-09-10, 12:04 PM   #47
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
WoW is in a sandboxed environment. Nothing gets in or out while it is running.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

07-13-10, 07:09 AM   #48
Tilteri
A Fallenroot Satyr

oh ok, nvm then... i'll have to think of something else I guess...

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Alpha/Beta AddOns and Compilations » WoWMap + WoWTheme Announced!