05-07-09, 07:07 AM   #1
Aesir
An Aku'mai Servant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Log files

I would like to present a list of addons (or addon folders, I suppose) and mark up that list line item by line item with what Minion thinks it wants to do (as far as update/ignore/not available) versus what I think it should do, and include information about where a given addon folder originates from (i.e., Curse, WoWI, SVN).

Currently, I've not allowed Minion to perform actions on addon installations because it hasn't correctly identified Status or Progress in a fair number of cases. But this is the opportunity to provide specific examples of potential issues users may experience when using Minion, including at least one instance where a WoWI-only addon is flagged as "Addon Not Available" (looking at you, oUF by Haste!).

So, is there a log file I can use to start my report? And a better question: What logs are generated, and where are they all stored?

Thanks.
05-07-09, 01:35 PM   #2
Shirik
Blasphemer!
Premium Member
WoWInterface Super Mod
Your log file is in %APPDATA%\MMOI\mmoimgr\log.txt on windows.

Fair warning: It's huge.

This may help you identify which addon it thinks it's installing. You should look for lines similar to the following:
Code:
MDD> 05-06-09 08:37:10.624 - [MMOUI Manager - World of Warcraft] Detected addon ID for Clique: 5108
If it says "0" then it could not be found on WoWI. Note that you will need your log verbosity set to "DEBUG" (I believe this is currently the default -- if not, you'll find this in tools->options->global)
しりたくなかったんだ
It's my turn next.

Shakespeare liked regexes too!
/(bb|[^b]{2})/
05-17-09, 10:23 AM   #3
Aesir
An Aku'mai Servant

Originally Posted by Shirik View Post
<snip>

Fair warning: It's huge.
<snip>
141 Detected Interfaces, 34 Updates available and two (or three?) Minion updates since I posted... I won't be submitting an all-encompassing table as originally planned - sorry for that.

I will start with one issue that probably needs fixing:
The Search feature isn't finding oUF, which should be a no-brainer as it's both a Featured project here and not installed from any other source that I'm aware of (other than the project's repo), so it's effectively exclusive to WoWI.

It will find oUF_blahblah which many oUF plugins and layouts are named. I think this indicates the Search field is limited to more than 3 characters. If that is true, this may be way oUF won't be found by Minion even if you do have it already installed. But if you don't have it already installed, and are relying on finding it through the WoWI module for Minion, you will fail.
05-18-09, 10:59 PM   #4
Shirik
Blasphemer!
Premium Member
WoWInterface Super Mod
Hi Aesir,

It was an intentional restriction to require more than 3 letters. I can pull it down to 3, probably, but this will result in an exponential growth of memory usage so I have to be careful.

I will try it and see what we come out with.

As far as the addon list -- it's ok. We actually made a significant change to heuristics lately that I think radically improved addon detection. Feel free to confirm this if you'd like.
しりたくなかったんだ
It's my turn next.

Shakespeare liked regexes too!
/(bb|[^b]{2})/
05-19-09, 02:36 PM   #5
taco-man
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Shirik View Post
Hi Aesir,

It was an intentional restriction to require more than 3 letters. I can pull it down to 3, probably, but this will result in an exponential growth of memory usage so I have to be careful.

I will try it and see what we come out with.
just some kind of notification that you have to have more than 3 characters would be quite helpful.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Minion » Archive » Log files