09-02-09, 01:54 AM   #1
Imakefood
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Question Lost actionbar page thingy

I can't seem to locate my main action bar page on my paladin. It's as if it doesn't exist.

Any suggestions? Is there like a command I can enter to reset the positions...anything?

Thanks

09-02-09, 03:16 AM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
What exactly do you mean ?

Shift - 1 would usually make the main action bar switch to the first page. Shift - 2 to the second etc.

If it is the case that you can't see any of the main action buttons then try using /nui movers and see if it has somehow got itself hidden beneath another one.

If neither of these can you attach a screenshot.

09-02-09, 03:26 AM   #3
Imakefood

Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
try using /nui movers and see if it has somehow got itself hidden beneath another one.
Yeah I did that but I've moved everything and I can't find it

09-02-09, 04:05 AM   #4
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Go to [ WTF > Account > {your account } > {realm name } > {character name } > SavedVariables ] and delete the nUI.lua file in that directory... that will reset all of the nUI settings for that one character.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

09-02-09, 04:05 AM   #5
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Well, I would think that if you removed the nUI.lua file from your wtf folders it will clear it out. But bear in mind that there are copies in the server name folder as well as the individual character folder.

If your other characters are fine you could try just removing the version in the pallies wtf folder and see if that solves the problem.

D'oh ... I knew you would get there first .. rofl

Last edited by Xrystal : 09-02-09 at 04:09 AM.

09-02-09, 06:36 AM   #6
Imakefood

<Crawls out of 'bed',(the living room floor) checks his post on WoWi from the living room computer and sets off on a journey toward the bedroom computer in light of great new solutions!>

Stardate: uhhh 9-2-09, 7:36 Chicago, Dallas time. If I don't make it to my next entry...just assume I'm dead (sleeping somewhere between here and the bedroom).

09-02-09, 10:03 PM   #7
Imakefood

Ok I made it to the computer earlier. I deleted the nUI.lua.bak file...dunno if that's the same or if the bak makes any difference. Anyway it didn't do anything at all.

I had redone my key bindings to deal with this. I was in Ulduar and when I got in my vehicle I didn't have my action bar still of course but I changed my key bindings back to normal and I could still use the abilities on my invisable action bar...

Stranger than that, I had a 'Leave Vehicle' button next to my aura bar lol

Check out the screenshots.

*You can see in my shaman's screenshot where the main action bar page is and where there happens to be a giant gaping hole there on my paladin. Also the shot with the movers up...no mover for the main action bar...anywhere

*I didn't do anything to the lua code besides redo the col and rows of the main bar, topleft, topright, and make the bagbar a little smaller just for the hell of it lol. Oh and I made the latency & framerate bars super tiny just to laugh at it...but I don't see any of that being relevant.

Now...
World of Warcraft>WTF>Account>Account name>...
here's a file called 'Savedvariables.lua.bak', should I delete that? I'm a little afraid to on account of I don't know what exactly it'll do. I wouldn't care if it reset everything for every character. It's not like it can take me too long to get it back.

*My paladin's UI (when i'm not in a vehicle) is settup the exact same way my shaman's is. Down to the detail asside from the missing page. I'm not really sure why some of the bars from ExtraBar disapear when I'm in a vehicle
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_090209_224803.jpg
Views:	646
Size:	366.1 KB
ID:	3297  Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_090209_224812.jpg
Views:	635
Size:	381.6 KB
ID:	3298  Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_090209_224856.jpg
Views:	634
Size:	348.5 KB
ID:	3299  Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWSS1.jpg
Views:	641
Size:	412.0 KB
ID:	3300  

Last edited by Imakefood : 09-02-09 at 10:06 PM.

09-02-09, 11:26 PM   #8
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Yeah deleting the bak wouldn't make a difference. There is usually a nui.lua and a nui.lua.bak file. The first one is what is used in the game.

But it is definitely weird.

Lets just make sure it isn't another addon messing up somewhere along the line and go back to just having nUI on its own with no other addons.

09-03-09, 02:43 AM   #9
Imakefood

HA! YEAH I DID IT!

I went through my entire computer and perma deleted every last little bit of nUI I could find. Completly erradicated it from my computer. Redownloaded nUI and logged in...BAM! I got my action bar page back.

I'm pretty sure somewhere in one of those near million files was actually one called nUI.lua

Regardless, I have my action bar back. I'll let ya guys know how it goes from here I just logged in

09-03-09, 03:37 AM   #10
Imakefood

Well....it works! I got some little tweaking left to do but it's all working and visable again

Thanks for the help guys
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_090309_042900.jpg
Views:	636
Size:	368.1 KB
ID:	3304  Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_090309_043239.jpg
Views:	641
Size:	286.7 KB
ID:	3305  

09-03-09, 04:06 AM   #11
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Ah sounds like maybe the nui.lua file somehow glitched out for your character. Good that you got it all sorted out.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » Lost actionbar page thingy