01-12-07, 11:23 AM   #1
Wintry
A Fallenroot Satyr
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Guild Inventory - Suggestions

Now that Guild Inventory has become very a useful addon for quite a few guilds, I'd like to ask for suggestions to improve it. I've already got quite a bit of feedback from users, which is much appreciated. That's helped me to weed out some bugs, and generally make improvements

If you have questions about the mod, want to make a suggestion, or even report a bug, please let me know here, or as a comment on the mod's page. Also, if you've made good use of it, don't forget to vote - or at least say so - it's good to know one's work is appreciated
01-20-07, 03:36 PM   #2
break19
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
This is a wonderful addon. I have not had -any- problems using it.
01-22-07, 04:10 PM   #3
Shazear
A Fallenroot Satyr

Export of Item tables?

I would like an opportunity to post the contents to the guild website. Is there an exporter even into just simple HTML tables?

Do you need one? I might be able to whip something together pretty quick once I get used to your table structure.
Veterans of the Phoenix
Malygos
01-23-07, 12:23 AM   #4
Shazear
A Fallenroot Satyr

Additional Suggestions

Also, having now installed and run the tool:
I believe it's only scanning the bank and bank bags but also needs to scan the character bags on his person. Given that many guild banks are run as full mules including their bags, not just the bank-space.

Edit: Also, looking at the way you're doing the communication, you may want to look into Telepathy (part of Cosmos) or at least just utilizing ChatThrottleLib to help w/ the disconnecting problem when sending too much data at once.

thanks.
Veterans of the Phoenix
Malygos

Last edited by Shazear : 01-23-07 at 09:37 AM.
01-23-07, 08:16 PM   #5
Wintry
A Fallenroot Satyr
Sorry about the lack of communication lately, I blame TBC

I don't have any intentions (yet) to make a HTML exporter, although if you'd like to give it a go yourself, you're more than welcome to.

As for the disconnects, I've noticed this problem. I knew it *could* occur in the first place, that's why I put a timer in, so that it only sent 10 items per second (as far as I recall). It didn't seem to cause any disconnects at the time. Only seems to disconnect a select few people though... which is odd. It might be possible that increasing the time inbetween item transfers will solve it. It would slow the transfer speed, but if that's necessary to prevent the problem, then it must be done.

Also, it *should* be scanning all bags, and all slots. If you find otherwise though, do let me know (and specifically, which bags/slots).
01-24-07, 02:36 PM   #6
Shazear
A Fallenroot Satyr

NP... I understand how it goes. I've had my own share of balancing Addon work and leveling both new and old characters. I'll research it further once I have a moment.

Part of the communication issue is not necessarily just your addon by itself. The problem is usually a compounding problem of multiple addons all wanting to send their data. If your burst happens in the same window as another burst from someone else, that could cause the D/C. These other libraries really have helped mitigate the problem on my end, and I send alot more data than you do. And since it uses the same throttling mechanism for all clients of the library, it helps balance between the different addons.

Also as mentioned in the file comment thread. I have the exporter complete if you want me to send it to you for review, just let me know.
Veterans of the Phoenix
Malygos
01-28-07, 03:21 AM   #7
steftanguy
A Kobold Labourer
Hello, your addon is really a "must have".

But the disconnection problem is so bad for us. You have found the problem, but how can we do for make it working on our computers.

Thanks a lot for your job, you are hero of the GM.
01-28-07, 09:44 AM   #8
qaarh
Sunshine BearTree
I have yet to try this mod in the guild I am a member of, but there is one thing that comes to mind. We have a structure where the members of the guild can donate items and get "requisition points" to grab stuff from the guild bank. Would it be possible to add a tracking system for the guild bank holder, that is a way to enter who donated a certain item, and show this either in the tooltip or otherwise on the guild inventory screen?

I understand this would increase the data being transferred, but hopefully not by too much.
01-28-07, 09:51 AM   #9
flaska
A Theradrim Guardian
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
I know exactly what it need. I need to go within a minute so I will tell you for short:

Ability to export everything in the bank to a text document (items.txt?), containing:

Code:
INFO {
<bank slots available>/<bank slots max>
<total goldsilvercopper, like 5682343 for 568 gold 23 silver 43 copper>
}

ITEMS_CURRENT {
<item id>:<number in stack>
<item id>:<number in stack>
etc
}

BAGS {
<itemid>
<itemid>
<itemid>
<itemid>
<itemid>
<itemid>
<itemid>
<itemid>
<itemid>
}
This is helpful for bank website import, I can build easy import scripts for this, but then I need a item info tool too..

in another text file: (iteminfo.txt?)
like item info based on what is in bank right now
Code:
<ITEM ID> { <actually I don't know what to put here, but like everything about the item..> }
same for every item CURRENTLY in the bank
With this I can upload both the text files and fill databases with "currently in bank" and item info in another(maybe deletes info for items not seen in 10 latest uploads)

Would be really nice =) Really got to go now sorry for the short post

Last edited by flaska : 01-28-07 at 10:59 AM. Reason: Back again, adding some more
02-08-07, 12:52 AM   #10
ventari
A Murloc Raider
The addon Looks very nice and should prove extremely useful. The problem I have currently in limited testing, we have 2 bank chars on 2 seperate accounts, when I get on account1 and do a /gi scan I can see on account2 items scrolling through that I know are from account1 but once it's done I only see the items from my own bank, so account1 only see's the bank from account1 and account2 only see's the bank from account2.

Last edited by ventari : 02-08-07 at 01:03 AM.
02-08-07, 06:37 PM   #11
Wintry
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by ventari
The addon Looks very nice and should prove extremely useful. The problem I have currently in limited testing, we have 2 bank chars on 2 seperate accounts, when I get on account1 and do a /gi scan I can see on account2 items scrolling through that I know are from account1 but once it's done I only see the items from my own bank, so account1 only see's the bank from account1 and account2 only see's the bank from account2.
I may be mistaken, but I *think* WoW stores variables on either a per account or per character basis (depending on what's chosen). So, if you're using 2 separate accounts, the data won't be shared at all. Data will only get shared when someone else is online at the same time as you. If you're using 2 separate PCs, and both are logged on simultaneously, and as long as both characters are in the same guild or raid, data will be shared.
02-08-07, 09:06 PM   #12
ventari
A Murloc Raider
They were both online at the same time, two different PC's same guild, I will try a larger sample group and maybe let the data "cascade" and see what happens.
02-09-07, 04:59 PM   #13
Shazear
A Fallenroot Satyr

Originally Posted by ventari
They were both online at the same time, two different PC's same guild, I will try a larger sample group and maybe let the data "cascade" and see what happens.
I've done a "/gi broadcast" every so often and found that seems to help "Get the ball rolling" as far as data propagation.
Veterans of the Phoenix
Malygos

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Guild Inventory - Suggestions