08-27-09, 11:36 PM   #1
Azrial
A Defias Bandit
UMX file?

First post. Tried to download carbonite from the interface and it is showing up as a UMX file instead of an executable one... Any fix for this or is there something Im doing wrong?

08-28-09, 05:47 AM   #2
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

You should only have to go here: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...Carbonite.html and hit the download button on the right. I just did it now and received a zip file named Carbonite-3.220.zip

08-28-09, 11:04 AM   #3
Jigain
A Molten Giant

A UMX file is a music format file, mostly used in gaming development.

Needless to say, Carbonite has absolutely nothing to do with UMX files.

08-28-09, 05:00 PM   #4
kittenbites
A Murloc Raider
Umx??

I got the same error. It's not recognizing it as a zip file. Not just Carbonite, any zip file. It's not interference from our virus scanner. I've attached a screenshot. If anyone knows what this is, please help! Thank you
Attached Files
File Type: doc UMX Error.doc (40.5 KB, 684 views)

08-28-09, 09:55 PM   #5
Azrial
A Defias Bandit
Hmmmm..

Ok... After reading these posts and reading the install help board, I updated my version of IE as directed on that forum as older versions of some browsers do not recognize the Mime file... Tried download again, and had the same result.. Switched web browser to Modzilla/firefox tried the download, and came up as an EPW file, again read only text file... What web broser are you guys downloading with and what version is it? Appreciate the help on this.

08-28-09, 10:03 PM   #6
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Firefox 3.5.2 here, and no issues. Just popped into IE 8 also and got the zip file there too. It may be a setting on your end

***EDIT***

You could try downloading a Zip file app like 7zip and see if that changes anything for you. It may not do anything but it's worth a shot.

www.7zip.org

Last edited by Vis : 08-28-09 at 10:09 PM.

08-28-09, 10:07 PM   #7
kittenbites
A Murloc Raider
Re:

We have IE....I don't know what version. Apparently not a lot of people are having this problem. I've tried everything I could do. Thanks for responding.

09-01-09, 01:16 AM   #8
Sythalin
Curse staff

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Definitely sounds like a MIME problem. Either try resetting it or do a manual assignment for the extension.

09-01-09, 03:56 AM   #9
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Check here for a possible solution.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » UMX file?