04-29-10, 11:02 AM   #1
awesomsauce
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
FPS drop when after accepting quests

I usually operate at 60fps. Even in 25man heavy AoE fights I never drop below 40fps. However, when I accept any of the daily quests in Dalaran (JC, Fishing, Cooking) or the quests in Wintergrasp, I wind up with 8fps until I reload my ui.

04-29-10, 11:26 AM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hmm weird. I do the JC daily on one of my characters and the fishing on another with no problems.

I used to have a big fps drop though a week back that lasted 2 weeks before I realised what the cause was. Apparently the Windows Media Player had decided to run a service to share some files on the network .. rofl. Ate up 70% of my memory doing that alone. Once I switched that off though my fps rose from 5 in dal to the normal 50/60.

04-29-10, 01:11 PM   #3
spiel2001
nUI's Author

nUI wouldn't even know you had selected a quest of any type, much less a daily or where you picked it up. What other mods do you have installed? Any quest related modes?

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

05-02-10, 09:30 AM   #4
awesomsauce
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I was running EveryQuest, QH, Lightheaded and by default a few of the quest mods of Cartographer. I have turned all of them off on my main raider and now when accepting daily quests, I notice about 10fps drop. Seems quite odd. This is a fresh install of WoW and all adds. I have cleared all cache and even dumped the WTF folder and reset everything up.

05-02-10, 09:36 AM   #5
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Is the quest causing any kind of buff or debuff to be applied to you? Or is this happening for any daily quest you accept?

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

05-02-10, 10:42 AM   #6
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
When was the last time it didn't have a problem ?
Can you remember what addons you have installed/updated since then ?
And you are definitely not using any other quest related addons ?
What if you turn off nUI and do the same ?
What if you disable all addons and do the same ?

I've not noticed a fps loss myself and Ive been questing like crazy on my lowbie gal with an average of 25 quests being done a day .. sigh, still 700 quests to go in azeroth and already at 54 rofl.

05-02-10, 10:43 AM   #7
awesomsauce
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
No buffs or debuffs. Just significant drops in fps. So much that I have the reload ui. After that it was fine. With disabling the quest addons, I didn't have much of an issue. Just a slight drop. It happened today on each quest I accepted in Dalaran, and the 3 Ebon Blade dailies at Shadow Vault.

05-02-10, 10:48 AM   #8
awesomsauce
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
The last time I didnt have the issue was when I wasn't running nUI+. I ran CT-Mod and a ton of other addons. I will play around with accepting some quests on some lowbie toons to see if I am getting the same. I know that I have the issues on all 7 80's.

05-02-10, 11:02 AM   #9
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Have you tried just hanging around in dalaran or where you grab your other dailies for a few minutes and seeing if the drop still occurs ? Just in case its a coincidence that it happens when you accept quests. It might just be due to the fact that Dalaran and Wintergrasp are highly populated zones and your addons are having to deal with extra information. Especially if the addons pass information to other users with the same addon.

It doesn't make sense that the problem only happens when you accept quests with nUI when the only thing related to the quests that nUI does is make the watch frame movable so unless you have another quest addon around somewhere that is doing something when you accept quests I can't see why or how the problem is occuring *sigh*.

05-04-10, 05:00 AM   #10
awesomsauce
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
It has been a couple of days now since I disabled all quest related addons for my 80's.. It appears that either EveryQuest, QH, LightHeaded, or Cartographer questing modules were creating the issues. If my workload lightens and I am able to play any of the lowbies, I will try running with just QH and Lightheaded to see if it makes a difference. Thanks for the suggestions.

05-04-10, 05:15 AM   #11
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Just a double check based on another report. Are you using my mageports plugin ? There's a possibility that might be adding to the problem but during tests yesterday I spiked from 10fps to 40fps just standing in dalaran. Stepped into a shop and jumped to 50fps to 60fps. Using the camera zoomed in raised fps and zooming out increased it due to the amount of information to work with I guess.

05-04-10, 05:44 AM   #12
awesomsauce
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Yes, I do use the mageportals plugin.....but it is unchecked on all of my toons but my mage. He is one of the ones that I will be questing on during the latter part of the week.

I do run my camera at max distance all the time. I will write a toggle macro for when in Dal to see if that has anything to do with the dropping my fps. Thanks for the heads up.

05-16-10, 05:57 PM   #13
awesomsauce
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
After trying various things for almost two weeks, the culprit seems to be Questhelper. I turned it back on because while I am doing my Insane achievement, I am also working on Loremaster and Seeker achievements. I am going to test out Cabonite and see if I can stand using it. I will have to do some reading on configuration and such.

Thanks for the help and replies.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Bug Reports » FPS drop when after accepting quests