04-02-10, 10:01 PM   #1
tradiel099
A Defias Bandit
Carbonite Addon Problem..

Im New To Carbonite Addon But When I Detect Enemy Players (PvP) I Have To Wait For 1 Min. Is This How Carbonite Really Work? If Not Please Help Me Fix It. Thanks

Last edited by tradiel099 : 04-03-10 at 09:45 PM.

04-19-10, 08:25 PM   #2
Kludge
A Defias Bandit
Can't figure how to turn this off

This is the MOST ANNOYING THING EVER!!!!

It makes the whole addon useless as I can't talk to guild mates when attacking or being attacked.

Stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid... and dumb.

04-20-10, 05:39 AM   #3
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

This doesn't sound like anything Carb does. In no way should it alter your ability to type in any Chat Channel. Especially since all Carb does (that I'm aware of) with chat is to create the channels necessary for it's own communication.

Maybe a screenshot of any error messages/text that tell you about the 59 secs. In addition would you mind listing all your addons?

04-23-10, 03:34 AM   #4
Kludge
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Vis View Post
Maybe a screenshot of any error messages/text that tell you about the 59 secs. In addition would you mind listing all your addons?
The message isn't from Carbonite the message is from the WoW client. The client is saying you are talking too much, because of all the communication Carbonite is doing when an enemy is near, so you have to wait 59 seconds to talk again. Of course when that minute is up it spams its own chat channels shutting you down again.

04-23-10, 07:48 PM   #5
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Ahh, ok. That would be the missing piece of the puzzle. So it's the Game Server not Carbonite stating that message. Even in a huge round of Wintergrasp/AV whatever, I don't believe you should have that happen or many many more users would be reporting it.

First thing to try. Go into Carb's Options. Under the "Punks" heading, disable Punk detections. Does the problem go away?

Second thing to try if that fails. Go into your SavedVariables folder and rename the Carbonite.lua and Carbonite.lua.bak files to Carbonite.lua.old and Carbonite.lua.bak.old

Third thing to try. Rename your WTF and Interface folders to WTF_old and Interface_old. Download and install a fresh nice new copy of Carbonite.

In all cases, log into WoW after performing a step.. And it should go without saying but make sure the WoW client is completely closed when doing any of these steps.

Did any of these resolve the issue you are having?

05-18-10, 02:47 PM   #6
Unbelievable
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

It maybe that you're using several mods that are spamming addon traffic. Carbonite may look like the culprit because it's traffic is easily visible due to the custom channels that it uses. However, many addons use hidden chat messages (that are sent via normal channels, but aren't displayed by the WoW client under normal operation).

In order to see what's really going on you either need to enable chatlogging or, better yet, use Spamalyzer to see all of that hidden addon spam and/or see total I/O figures by addon.

05-28-10, 12:02 PM   #7
Kludge
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Unbelievable View Post
It may be that you're using several mods that are spamming addon traffic. Carbonite may look like the culprit because it's traffic is easily visible due to the custom channels that it uses. However, many addons use hidden chat messages (that are sent via normal channels, but aren't displayed by the WoW client under normal operation).

In order to see what's really going on you either need to enable chatlogging or, better yet, use Spamalyzer to see all of that hidden addon spam and/or see total I/O figures by addon.
Nope, it was definitely Carbonite but thanks for the excellent info about Spamalyzer.

I stopped using Carbonite because it was so annoying to not be able to speak. After a while of suffering through the horrible default map, not being able to set "goto" points or resize the map, I figured I give it one last try.

Readin Vis' post I looked fo a "disable punks detection" under punks but there wasn't any such setting. Luckily I was able to figure out how to get it to stop by basically disabling everything so the idea to go to the punks section help a lot.

Thanks again for all the help guys.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » You Must Wait For 59 Seconds Before Speaking Again..